My new carry gun arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a thing of Beauty. I didn't know you could get them in that coating, now I'm going to have to start saving my lunch money.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1381.JPG

I've got the 2018 catalogue. There's drool on several pages. They've got a 3" model too.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: the cylinder lock line I was complaining about earlier.....wipes right off. This coating is fantabulousness n stuff.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wind was blowing something fierce today but Wife and I went a did a little shooting. I really think the k6s and I will be bff's. I shoot this pistol more accurately than any small pistol I've ever shot with the exception of a buddies CZ 75bd. My wife now hates her 642-2. She's trying to trade with me but I'm standing strong this far. We shot 38pl and 357 in the k6. The Smith is rated 38+p so that's what we shot in it. The k6 has less felt recoil with 357 158gn than the smith with 38 125gn. She carries her Smith with 158gn 38s but hates practicing with them. I definitely don't like that cuz I feel you should be 100% comfortable with what you shoot in a tricky situation. I think most of the problem with her Smith is it doesn't really fill your hand up in the "web" tween your thumb and index finger. I also realize her 642-2 "airweight" weighs less. This probably isn't an apples to apples comparison but we are makin this decision on the two pieces of fruit we have. The sight setup suits both of us much better also. The triggers stage much differently between the two. I don't think pull weight are much different but I like the Kimber trigger operation better overall. Although, when you stage the 642 trigger to "the edge of the cliff", its quite a bit shorter to the break from there.
So which one do I shoot more accurately? Kimber
Which one has better feel in my gripped hand? Kimber
Which one has less felt recoil? Kimber
As far as anything I can think of that pertains to a cc gun, I give the Kimber the win over the Smith 642-2 airweight.
Now as far as price, I think I gave bout twice as much for the Kimber. I say it's worth every bit cuz of all the reasons above. When it all boils down to it I need to like everything bout my cc gun IMO.
A couple perks to the k6s that I don't necessarily have to have are the night sights and the sixth round. The night sights may come in handy, I guess I will find out if I need em in the dark someday. I personally would be just fine with 5 rounds in a cc gun but hey I've got 6.
All in all I would buy another k6s before another 642 because performance is what I was lookin for. I won't necessarily give more for stuff based on looks but I dang sure will based on performance. I will post some side by side comparisons for yall. All feedback is welcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom