My new storm cellar installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking closely at the picture of the totaled house with red truck, I would simply slide my shelter door open and exit behind the truck near the back bumper. In fact, it looks as thought you would have far more debris on top of a shelter had it been just outside the garage area.

As far as being registered I'm not concerned. We have family all over the OKC area and we always check on each other when storms come through. If we didn't answer the phone half a dozen of them would be calling local PD and FD and on their way over here.

And yes, our cells work from the shelter.

As was noted previously, debris has been known to cover outside shelters too.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my wife has been wanting one too. we live in nw edmond and have been narrowly missed a few times. there is some depressing thought here so i'll lighten it up a bit.
my dad was so excited about using his to do his oil that he promtly drove his explorer over the hole and proceeded to get busy. he had carpeted the steps and the floor,put a rubbermaid tub with some snacks in it, a case of bottled water,all ready for the storm. well the o-ring stuck on the block from the old filter and he put the new one on and fired it up. there wasn't anything in there that wasnt covered with oil!

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After three years of my wife asking me to have one installed it was done yesterday. Got to say it's pretty nice. I was told by my barber that people that have indoor shelters use them to change their oil in their cars. Got to say I'm going to give it a shot. I have to get my money's worth out of the
deal. Thanks Storm Safe.

What was the total cost?

Latest posts

Top Bottom