Restaurant Humor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My co-worker and I were in Camden, Arkansas and had just finished our job for the day about 9:30 at night. Not knowing the area, we drove around until we saw a familiar sign, Pizza Hut.

We noticed there were people behind the counter and the door was open so we walked in. We sat down at a table and were waiting to be served when this big guy came out to the table looking for all the world like Mel the cook on that TV show. He even had the white rolled-up hat.

He sat down at our table without any menus and whacked a cockroach we didn't see with his hand then swiped it off the table and asked, "You want to eat here?"

We both looked at each other and said in unison, "I guess not." got up and left.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
During high school, I had to opportunity to go on harvest with a professional crew. They started in Texas but I had our harvest to get in before I could meet up with them. On night after a really long hot day in South Dakota, we finished a farmer's crop just before a storm hit and we were all feeling our oats.

We drove into the nearest town and found the restaurant, walked in, washed up and sat down to eat, bosses treat. We all ordered with the boss asking for a medium steak. The waitress came back with our meals and gave the boss a rare steak. He returned it wishing it to be medium when it returns.
The steak came back charred like a burnt offering.

He got up and asked the waitress if the owner of the establishment was available. She pointed to a man in the corner. He walked over to him and asked him how much to buy the restaurant. The guy blurted out a figure and our boss reached into his wallet, laid down the exact amount, told the cook and the waitress they were fired, and then told the owner to get him a medium steak or he was fired.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not eat out much but when I do it is usually a good place to eat that was shown to me by someone.

Now we wanted to take a lot of family members to eat mexican food.
The couple places my other family members went to had lines out the door.
I told them I know a great place but it is kind of rough but the food is excellent.

We went and no lines.
It was near SE15th and I35
Family members walked in and seen the torn vinyl benches and soiled carpeted floor.
They looked at me and said: Really this is the place you chose.

I said get over it the tables are clean and the food is excellent.
All was forgiven after the meal and one relative said the bathroom was very clean.

The way i see it is heavy foot traffic soiled the carpet and lots of people sitting down wore out the vinyl.

This was a dinner time when we went not lunch. Lunch time was hoppin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom