My second Duracoat job, my first for hire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crayon looks good, but won't last. You go and blast a few mags through the gun and the crayon will melt.

The laquer sticks that I use will harden once cured and will not melt or chip out. I get the sticks through Brownells. They have Red and White, and I think I saw Gold somewhere as well, but I think they only carry Red and White.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The laquer sticks that I use will harden once cured and will not melt or chip out. I get the sticks through Brownells. They have Red and White, and I think I saw Gold somewhere as well, but I think they only carry Red and White.

I've got white lettering on a Glock that has lasted 12 years so far. Even with lots and lots of holster wear, the laquer stick lettering is still hanging in there.

gundummy911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
you can buy a box of 12 assorted color "paint sticks" (They are an acrylic based crayon)at Hobby Lobby for around $5. they rub in like the wax, but set fairly hard and leave a fairly durable mark after an hour or so of drying time. You can remove it with penetrating oil and a rough cloth.
I bought a set a couple of years ago and haven't even made a dent in them. They have a "Silver" which actually looks like a dove grey that really POPS! on a matte black surface!
BT

Latest posts

Top Bottom