My Seecamp returns home!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few months ago, I bought a .32 Seecamp on an impluse buy type of thing (before seeing this one, I'd never even seen a Seecamp in the flesh, so I snapped this one up without the usual research effort). Well, after buying it the research began. And I'll admit it right up front--I don't like ammo-sensitive guns. So, after reading quite a bit about the gun, I just as quickly traded it off, without even shooting it.
Fast forward several weeks, and I'm at the local GS to buy a Star Firestar Plus in 9mm (that's another thread), and there I see my cast-off Seecamp sitting forlornly in the case next to lesser pistols of the plastic variety, awaiting someone to rescue it and take it home. I spent another night doing my Internet research and thinking about the mistake I had made in swapping it off, and I then went back and rescued it the next day. I've only shot 13 rds of Gold Dot JHP thru her (loading the other 7 rds from that box into the gun, per Larry Seecamp's recommedation), and while it functioned fine, it did keyhole almost every round. So I'll try some Win. Silvertips next, but one thing's for sure, I'm not getting rid of this one again. It is home to stay!
[Broken External Image]

rabbithunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried a Seecamp .32 for years in a Mecco back pocket holster.
I've tried all different gun/caliber/carry methods, I always come back to the Seecamp.
Larry's craftsmanship is superb.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine as well. Never keyholed with it though. You can also use winchester white box fmj ammo to practice with. I have never had any problems related to ammo with it. i wish Larry would make a little bit bigger gun but a 9mm.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: Back to the range today with a fifty round box of Winchester Silvertips. Forty-three rounds down range, no key-holing, perfect functioning, reasonable accuracy, last seven rounds (per Mr. Seecamp's recommendation) went in the gun for carry; final seven rounds of Speer Gold Dots (from the first box of ammo) also went down range, perfect functioning, but with one round key-holing. So, its Winchester Silvertips for me and my Seecamp. Count me as a happy Seecamp owner!

Latest posts

Top Bottom