My Smoked Bolonga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bologna is still inedible.
So you've seen it made huh? When in high school I went with a friend to get his paycheck from the plant in OKC. It took me years to ever eat bologna again. You know the saying, "we all like to eat sausage, but we don't want to see it made".

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you've seen it made huh? When in high school I went with a friend to get his paycheck from the plant in OKC. It took me years to ever eat bologna again. You know the saying, "we all like to eat sausage, but we don't want to see it made".
I didn't like bologna before that. I think its the texture, or lack of texture. Its like a meat, skin, fat, and seasoning puree formed into logs.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was doing some ribs and pulled pork yesterday and thought I would try something different. Instead of a chub I bought a pack of plain old oscar meyer extra thick sliced Bologna. Put it on skewers and cut the covering off. Then you can fan it like a deck of cards to get it seasoned well. Wish I had done two or three as it turned out great with about three hours cooking. Used apple chunks. I also used country style ribs for the pulled pork. I don't think I will a shoulder or but again. Works great.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was doing some ribs and pulled pork yesterday and thought I would try something different. Instead of a chub I bought a pack of plain old oscar meyer extra thick sliced Bologna. Put it on skewers and cut the covering off. Then you can fan it like a deck of cards to get it seasoned well. Wish I had done two or three as it turned out great with about three hours cooking. Used apple chunks. I also used country style ribs for the pulled pork. I don't think I will a shoulder or but again. Works great.
Country style ribs usually ARE pork butt. Sometimes shoulder. They ain't ribs at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom