My son has his qualifying track and field meet today for the upcoming Olympics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Wish him luck.

i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_Special_Olympics_OK_slider_zps094afeeb.jpeg

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
But if only for a moment, I seen kids with what the world calls disabilities, live life as if nothing else mattered but winning. Seeing their eyes light up while running on the track or seeing how far they could throw a softball, has been one of the most humbling experiences of my life. And for everyone who thinks (myself included) this generation of teens are lost in video games and social media, I will let you know, there are a few shining stars left in that generation. Everyone of the participants had a volunteer to help them and wait by their side for the next competition. Almost everyone of those volunteers were high school students who choose to spend their time helping others. My daughter said there were so many kids wanting to volunteer at her school, they actually have a waiting list for next year.

Kolby placed second in the Softball throw (Special Olympics version of Shot Put) and third in the 100 meter run... I will post a few pics when my wife gets them uploaded later tonight.

And the most surprising thing to happen at this event, they fired a blank gun to signal the start of each race and not a single kid was scared and no one yelled for everyone to duck and cover.
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

Thanks for the best wishes. And the BA Special Olympics team will be in the Rooster Day parade to show off their awards after the State Games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom