My wife got fired today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I can say is I can fully relate. Since 2015 the oil and gas world has been screwed! I have used up all my saving being in and out of work. We are "losing" our house...re financed so I got tons of debt, we re financed a bit ago so we have no equity. Can't afford anything except a double wide with the proceeded, and even then I'll have a payment I can nearly afford. Wife was high up the Corp chain and lost her job due to Covid constrictions. I'm now a part time ops manager at fed ex making about 1/12 of what we were making. Wife got no job, so we can't afford a loan. All I can tell you is I will save a choice spot beneath the bridge or the trailer court for ya.....oh yeah I got 3 kids in college with two years to go........so buy on line and have it all shipped FedEx ground!. I feel for ya!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All I can say is I can fully relate. Since 2015 the oil and gas world has been screwed! I have used up all my saving being in and out of work. We are "losing" our house...re financed so I got tons of debt, we re financed a bit ago so we have no equity. Can't afford anything except a double wide with the proceeded, and even then I'll have a payment I can nearly afford. Wife was high up the Corp chain and lost her job due to Covid constrictions. I'm now a part time ops manager at fed ex making about 1/12 of what we were making. Wife got no job, so we can't afford a loan. All I can tell you is I will save a choice spot beneath the bridge or the trailer court for ya.....oh yeah I got 3 kids in college with two years to go........so buy on line and have it all shipped FedEx ground!. I feel for ya!

That really sucks. I’m fortunate to have a decent retirement from USPS. My son in law just got laid off from Chesapeake and although he got 10 months severance those kinds of jobs are rare in OK now. My fear is they will have to move out of state with the grandkids. He has a mining engineering degree but has been doing natural gas for them about 10 years. Before that he ran the US Gypsum plant out by Okeene. A lot of people in OK have lost great jobs recently. Worst case, I can help them for a while but hope he finds something at least partially comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That really sucks. I’m fortunate to have a decent retirement from USPS. My son in law just got laid off from Chesapeake and although he got 10 months severance those kinds of jobs are rare in OK now. My fear is they will have to move out of state with the grandkids. He has a mining engineering degree but has been doing natural gas for them about 10 years. Before that he ran the US Gypsum plant out by Okeene. A lot of people in OK have lost great jobs recently. Worst case, I can help them for a while but hope he finds something at least partially comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
same happened with mine . They had to move to Houston

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sorry to hear that. I'm in the same boat. I was fired from my job of fourteen years at the end of August. It was total BS, hostile work environment and all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom