Name That Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paladin. There was also a western named that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, you are both right. In it's original run on CBS, the show was titled "Have Gun, Will Travel." When it first went into syndication, for some reason I can't remember, they changed the name to "Paladin." Many years later, they were able to reinstate the original "Have Gun, Will Travel" name for the show. I think the reason was to lessen confusion when a show still in a network first run was syndicated--they didn't want the same name on both versions of the show. "Bonanza" was the same way--when they initially syndicated it during Bonanza's first run, they changed the name to "Ponderosa."

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Winky Dink and You." I had to check Wikipedia for the host's name, but I did remember he was also a game show host/producer; Jack Barry. What game shows was he known for?
Jack Barry was primarily known for "The Gong Show", but he actually produced a lot of shows... right?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jack Barry was primarily known for "The Gong Show", but he actually produced a lot of shows... right?
No, that was Chuck Barris. Jack Barry was most remembered for the game show Twenty-One, which was the center of the quiz show scandal of the 1950s. He was blacklisted for many years after that, only returning to favor in the 1970s with such shows as The Joker's Wild, Break the Bank, Tic-Tac-Dough, Bullseye, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Danger Man (titled Secret Agent in the United States, and Destination Danger and John Drake in other non-UK markets) is a British television series which was broadcast between 1960 and 1962, and again between 1964 and 1968. The series featured Patrick McGoohan as secret agent John Drake. What I was looking for was Secret Agent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom