NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good points. Like you, I rarely "trust" one source on a story. I prefer to read/hear a news story and then go looking for a different source that does NOT source their story from the first story I heard/read.

I suppose the one thing that REALLY gripes me is the disclaimer in a story that the "source must remain anonymous because they aren't authorized to disseminate information" about the news event. If they aren't authorized, they really ought to shut up and also risk termination.

While I cannot attribute it correctly, the "..15 minutes of fame.." quote comes to mind (Warhol?) even if it's a 'secret'. I always have the disconcerting feeling that the source has been created in an effort to lend credibility to an opinion.

And yes, in general, more people should simply stifle themselves.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess i will display my ignorance on these matters by asking why the M.E. had to do 20+ autopsy if the witnesses and the killer and the weapons were all still at the scene of the crime.
Definately some conspiracy theories out there. But they all could have been squashed within a day if the authorities could be honest with the findings.

Why would we put a lockdown on the details if all of the evidence is right in front of the investgators?

We may NEVER know why it was done. BUT, the HOW and WHO and WHAT weapons were used are NOT unknown!

Ron

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably because its just too early for the gory details of 20 children being murdered to come out and be pounced on by our bloodthirsty media.

Or they want to protract the story as long as possible. If they dumped all the info in 1 month, the media would move on to the next story and gun control would lose momentum. Just a thought.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The court finds that due to the nature and circumstances of this case and the ongoing investigation, the state's interest in continuing nondisclosure substantially outweighs any right to public disclosure at this time," Blawie wrote.

When the threat of serious damage to a fundamental Constitutional right of the American people hangs in the balance due to this act, their nondisclosure does not outweigh any right to public disclosure.

Call me whatever names you like, but I have trouble believing the "official story" of anything anymore. Not when its immediately used to go after rights, and for power and control grabs. It's too convenient. Not saying this was a conspiracy, but again - it was the coup de grace in a series of escalating, similar events that has resulted in a serious attack on the 2nd Amendment. And some form of attack on the 2nd Amendment has been expected. Now, even if this cigar is just a cigar, look at the disgust and offense shown in posts all over the internet when anyone simply just questions these contradictions and inconsistencies, and you could see how the people could be steered and controlled, as the rubes that are the American people will swallow just about anything if they are told to believe it by a media that is, for the most part, an information arm of our goverment.

Some of the conspiracy theories out there are batshit crazy. But sometimes I think the buy-the-********-at-all costs folks may just as crazy as the tinfoil hatters.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess i will display my ignorance on these matters by asking why the M.E. had to do 20+ autopsy if the witnesses and the killer and the weapons were all still at the scene of the crime.
Definately some conspiracy theories out there. But they all could have been squashed within a day if the authorities could be honest with the findings.

Why would we put a lockdown on the details if all of the evidence is right in front of the investgators?

We may NEVER know why it was done. BUT, the HOW and WHO and WHAT weapons were used are NOT unknown!

Ron

Ron,

In many states, and perhaps in all of them, an autopsy must be performed on anyone who has died where a doctor was not present at the time of death.

Well, at least that is what I've been told. Not having read an official state law with regards to that, I have to assume that what I was told is correct.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Connecticut requires an autopsies for a variety of deaths.
Reportable cases include all violent deaths, including but not limited to, death from physical, chemical, thermal or electrical radiation injury, regardless of whether the injury was homicidal, suicidal or accidental in nature. This also includes all drug deaths related to poisoning, drug abuse or addiction, deaths related to criminal abortion, deaths that constitute a threat to the public health, diseases resulting from employment, and deaths occurring suddenly or unexpectedly not caused by readily recognizable disease and including all deaths on arrival of within 24 hours of admission to the hospital including stillborn infants, all deaths occurring outside of the hospital setting and all deaths under anesthesia in the operating room, recovering room or resulting from diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Source

For those of you wondering why it's taking so long, think about some of the questions you're curious about. Then consider what it would take to answer those questions. People who were friends of the Lanza family probably don't want to talk to cops right now. Maybe they feel guilty, justified or not. Maybe they just distrust the cops, or they've seen the "Never talk to cops" videos one too many times. Maybe they're not around for one reason or another. I don't at all fault the Connecticut State Police, Newtown police, or any other agency for taking their time to figure out what happened here. There's no deadline for a trial, so what's the rush?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may of already been pointed out, I did not read every post.
The video is from DEC 15, 2012. If you actually listen to the reporter he talks about lanza tried to buy a gun "Tuesday of this week." People are putting up lots of conspiracy theories, because they distrust the government, which every American should do. But, the idea that NBC admitted a couple of days ago that an AR15 was not used, is simply not true.

Yep. It has been pointed out.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_LQC74Pl.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom