Any Preppers Using Pellet Air Rifles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have recently resealed a Crosman pellet rifle or air gun and wonder if anyone is planning on using a pellet gun for survival if the situation presents itself? I've read recently where an individual did survive using a pellet rifle shooting rabbits, squirrels and other varmints to exist in a desert atmosphere.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man if hunting is the only way I'm able to get food, I'll starve to death.
You would survive if necessary. Your diet would change to sparrows, rodents, insects, etc when/if using an air rifle or firearm. You’d kill any thing that moved to survive.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They make air rifles fully capable of taking big game.
Lewis and Clark carried an air rifle on their expedition to take small game for the cook pot.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/lewis-and-clarks-girandoni-air-rifle/
A repeater air gun that held like 15 rounds.

Edit. Ok. I read the article and refreshed my memory. 22 bullets. Not 15.

I remember when I first read about that rifle. Was probably around the time that article came out. Had never heard of it before. But the interesting thing was that the real rifle from that expedition had been found and verified because of some specific field repair work that was done to it. Had to have been in the last decade or so. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would survive if necessary. Your diet would change to sparrows, rodents, insects, etc when/if using an air rifle or firearm. You’d kill any thing that moved to survive.
well yeah, I'm just saying, I am not a hunter that produces consistent results. Also, in a true survival/shtf situation, all of our livestock and wildlife would likely be killed off faster than we care to think about. I figure i'll just eat people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom