ND At my House !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First and foremost Thank God no one was hurt!!

I'm an idiot and just had an ND at my house.. I just bought some 380 ammo and thought I'd run a mag through my Walther for old times sake as its been a year or so since I shot it.

I live in an area where I can shoot and my distant neighbors do as well so no one complains.

I load up a mag (just to test out before dark) and headed out the door.. I had just got off the phone with my wife and had chambered a round, thought I had decocked it.. I open the back door and as I go to close it with the gun in same hand something (or maybe even my finger) touched the trigger, BAM!!!! Right thru the door at an angle heading downward.. Scared me to death adn rightfully so..

I'm an idiot today for sure, I'm posting this to share my idiocy in hopes it may waken some of us up a little bit.. I've been around guns since I can remember and I'm 40 now, I teach my kids " a gun is always loaded treat it so".. I consider myself very safe when it comes to guns, and this is a rude awakening of just how 'comfortable' we tend to make ourselves feel around something that can do us harm if handled incorrectly...

Well I've just proven to myself tonight that FIREARMS are NEVER to be taken for granted !!!!

I intend to get reamed by a lot of you here but as you lash out on my stupidity I just want to say, Never think it CANT happen to you..

Side Note: not in defense of my negligence but wanted to add, get reacquainted with a gun you haven't shot in a while before you load it.. I'm not use to decockers, I'm a Glock guy..... DAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom