Need a flashlight for the wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help...looking to get the wife a good quality but affordable flashlight to keep in her purse....needs to be bright and have a strobe. Any suggestions?....not looking to break the bank, so I've kinda ruled out SureFire.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at the Bushnell series of aluminum bodied, aggressive bezel, extremely bright, LED flashlights. They are priced moderately and use standard AA and AAA batteries plus Walmart carries them. The only drawback is I can recall some white light only, and some red/green/blue/white ones but don't remember if there are strobe versions.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Four Sevens makes a few smaller models that fit your needs.

That's what I carry. I've got a Four Sevens Tactical Quark in my computer bag right now. I travel for business constantly and always have my Quark within close reach. If someone approaches me in a parking lot at night and I don't trust their behavior, I can effectively blind them (for the amount of time it would take me to get to my car). Powerful little defense light.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Fenix, my wife carries a Fenix and I have 3 Fenix lights around the house. Great quality, fairly priced and no issues with any of mine. My PD22 sounds like what you are looking for.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO -

Go with the Fenix LD22. Switchology et al are a win win. AA batts, Nice carry sheath, very versitile.

Surefire is a good Light, and are quality, but I feel the underground provides a far better bang for the buck.

MY choices - Fenix, 4 Sevens, JetBeam, Nitecore, Klarus and Olight, Thrunite. Proper Switchology/remember last setting etc and Performance Wins go to Fenix and JetBeam. REALLY Like my Klarus XT11's but HATE that they revert to Full Power.

Fenix and Klarus have perfect Spill to HotSpot...IMO, With the others following suit. Granted, if You want a pure thrower, then there are others.

If She wants or needs a club - ThruNite Catapult V3 or latest version will do the job.

Flashlight monger......inherited from my Dad

Latest posts

Top Bottom