Recommendation on Vacation Ideas within 1 day drive from Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the wife and I are finally getting some time off the first week of July. We are looking for ideas of places to go and visit that are within a one day drive. We are also not looking to break the bank. Any suggestions for West or East? (Not to interested in Texas)
I know many of you are well traveled. Thank you in advance.
PS It needs to be a pet friendly trip. Our pup is to young to board.

Eagle Nest NM. We go there every July for 4-5 days. Last July it was low 70s for high and mid to low50s at night. Altitude is over 10 thousand and the most beautiful little lake there is a must. Condos there can be had very reasonably this time of year. Had the perfect rainy episode one evening and all night. Never watched a bit of tv rather read, listened to our 60-80s music , walks, visited the Vietnam memorial there, ate at a bunch of mom and pop places, did a bit of writing, etc. Prepared our breakfast each day but did not cook otherwise. The beauty is everywhere so a couple of short trips were also in order. Listen that place is a small piece of Heaven. You cannot go wrong😁😁😁😁😁

Last edited:

Pepé Le Pew Pew Pew

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Durango right now. Never been here. The mountain weather is gorgeous. We found an AirBNB relatively close that was reasonably priced. The wife and I are getting a dose of the cool mountain air before the hot muggy Oklahoma summer sets in.
Take a little drive up to Honeyville it is well worth it!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Eagle Nest NM. We go there every July for 4-5 days. Last July it was low 70s for high and mid to low50s at night. Altitude is over 10 thousand and the most beautiful little lake there is a must. Condos there can be had very reasonably this time of year. Had the perfect rainy episode one evening and all night. Never watched a bit of tv rather read, listened to our 60-80s music , walks, visited the Vietnam memorial there, ate at a bunch of mom and pop places, did a bit of writing, etc. Prepared our breakfast each day but did not cook otherwise. The beauty is everywhere so a couple of short trips were also in order. Listen that place is a small piece of Heaven. You cannot go wrong😁😁😁😁😁
It's well under 10k feet, but everything else you said I agree with, it's a great overlooked place.

Pepé Le Pew Pew Pew

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drove through there yesterday, what did I miss??
FYI the drive from Montrose to Durango is NOT for the faint of heart.
Me and the grandson loaded up on the infused honey like "peach" and the wifey stocked up on some of the Honey Whiskeys they make there.... Nice little distillery inside....

Latest posts

Top Bottom