Recommendation on Vacation Ideas within 1 day drive from Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the wife and I are finally getting some time off the first week of July. We are looking for ideas of places to go and visit that are within a one day drive. We are also not looking to break the bank. Any suggestions for West or East? (Not to interested in Texas)
I know many of you are well traveled. Thank you in advance.
PS It needs to be a pet friendly trip. Our pup is to young to board.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Durango, Colorado is around 12 hrs from Tulsa. Colorado Springs is a couple hours closer.
Much cooler there than Tulsa in July!

Sante Fe, New Mexico isn't a bad choice either.

Being so close to Durango is about the only thing I miss about living in NW New Mexico for a few years.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Orange beach, Alabama gulf coast. Went there last August...I think were going to go again this summer. Reasonably priced condo we rented off of VRBO. VRBO, IMHO is much better and less scammy than airbnb. Up front pricing, no BS. Lots of things to do there, it's not a vacation in my opinion unless there's hot and salt water.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps Broken Bow State Park, but this late in the year the accommodations might be all booked up through the summer. When they’re releasing water through the dam upstream from there, the air temperature can be 10-15° cooler on the river bank than at the park‘s parking lot 100 yards away.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield/Branson is pretty popular. Long time since I've been but remember lots of beautiful countryside. Eureka Springs and Hot Springs Arkansas are both very nice. A place a lot of people don't think of is Kansas City. Went there a couple years ago. Lots to see and do. Was really surprised. It's like an oasis in the middle of not much of anything. You're driving along through miles of flat nothing then come into hills, trees and stuff to do. Probably only 4 or 5 hours from Tulsa. Or do Kansas City and Branson/Springfield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom