Need a new 10mm option to fixate on and eventually get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Still have the dies, but no 10mm - still want to get one more pistol in this awesome chambering.

Years ago, did the glock pistol thing. Then got a glock 20 lower and dedicated it to a mech-tech upper, and it was very cool, but served no purpose so I sold it a few years ago.

Then I got a S&W 610 6" and hated it too (due to the Hillary hole). Sold it after 1 week.

Then got a new Colt Delta Elite from Nighthawk and traded it within a week - hated it too (crappy sights, etc. - not a very nice 1911 at all - the new ones).

Then I thought I had finally decided my my ultimate 10mm, and I fixated on getting a DW C-Bob in 10mm, but that is now passe since I have obtained a .45 acp ol yellerized C-Bob as a substitute fix for a carry gun, and DWs have skyrocketed in price. Plus the 4" bbl doesn't do the caliber justice.

So now I'm thinking it's time to look at that Witness Elite Hunter 6" I lusted after a few years back, once again....Questions:

--Who imports the Tanfoglio's now (still EAA?), and can you actually get your hands on an Elite Hunter 6"? Any experiences?

--Or, talk me into a Smith Gen 3, or other 1911, like a 6" longslide 10mm - maybe even a 2-stack semi-custom 10mm like an STI or SV. What are my options here?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Still have the dies, but no 10mm - still want to get one more pistol in this awesome chambering.

Years ago, did the glock pistol thing. Then got a glock 20 lower and dedicated it to a mech-tech upper, and it was very cool, but served no purpose so I sold it a few years ago.

Then I got a S&W 610 6" and hated it too (due to the Hillary hole). Sold it after 1 week.

Then got a new Colt Delta Elite from Nighthawk and traded it within a week - hated it too (crappy sights, etc. - not a very nice 1911 at all - the new ones).

Then I thought I had finally decided my my ultimate 10mm, and I fixated on getting a DW C-Bob in 10mm, but that is now passe since I have obtained a .45 acp ol yellerized C-Bob as a substitute fix for a carry gun, and DWs have skyrocketed in price. Plus the 4" bbl doesn't do the caliber justice.

So now I'm thinking it's time to look at that Witness Elite Hunter 6" I lusted after a few years back, once again....Questions:

--Who imports the Tanfoglio's now (still EAA?), and can you actually get your hands on an Elite Hunter 6"? Any experiences?

--Or, talk me into a Smith Gen 3, or other 1911, like a 6" longslide 10mm - maybe even a 2-stack semi-custom 10mm like an STI or SV. What are my options here?

SW 1006 or 1066, one full size, the other more Commander length. Plenty of weight to soak all your recoil so you can spend longer at the range. Accuracy will be great in either.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 3rd Gen S&W's are great, I have a 1086 and really enjoy it.
The EAA pistols have suffer from uneven quality though the Elites do seem to be generally a better bet.
The new Bren 10 is also coming out later this year if you can wait. Backed by VLTOR, I suspect they'll get it right.

BTW, when I was in Sports World on Friday I noticed they had a couple of stacks of 10mm practice ammo, remanufactured $22/50 and Remington $27/50.

I wish Springfield would make the XD(M) in 10mm, I send them an email asking for it every now and then.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have thought about an Auto Ordnance 1911 10mm Thompson but I don't know anything about them. Hopefully someone else can't help.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are serious about having a gun to fixate on and *eventually* get, you can join me in lusting for a Vltor Fortis, which has recently been renamed the Vltor Bren Ten.....after the original.

I've been watching this for a couple of years or so, but it might someday see production. I'll have one when they do.

Rob

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Still EAA for Tanfoglio, and there's a 6" 10mm hunter on Gunbroker right now.
Don't get the Hunters with the plug on the end, though. Apparently they're absolute crap.
Ie don't get this one:
ai43.tinypic.com_34dhm5l.jpg

Get one that looks like this:
ai41.tinypic.com_63vhom.png

Alternatively, if you want a CZ-pattern, 10mm and ultimate reliability, there's always the Sphinx AT-3000 ;)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry to hear you didn't like your Delta Elite.... the old man that I purchased my series 80 Gold Cup from also had a stainless Delta Elite Gold Cup. a matched set

couldn't afford both... choice was Gold Cup or Delta Elite. so I picked Gold Cup ... been thinking about that Delta Elite ever since.

by the way that Delta Elite Gold Cup had nice adjustable target sights

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SW 1006 or 1066, one full size, the other more Commander length. Plenty of weight to soak all your recoil so you can spend longer at the range. Accuracy will be great in either.

what he said
if you could find a S&W 1066 with a TEU serial number prefix that would be an FBI test gun. Or you could get a glock 20 if you wanted double stack capacity

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read an article about a 6" high cap 1911 from STI called the "Perfect 10". Didn't have a price listed so it's likely expensive. If I had about $1,400 to $1,600 to spend I'd call Bob Serva at Fusion Arms. He was a big wig at Dan Wesson till CZ bought them out. He loves the 10 and 1911. And yes, he builds longslides. Visit his sight. You'll like what you see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom