Need a Serviceman/Veteran in Claremore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, doesn't have to be in Claremore... but if you want free dinner, you'll have to go there.

Short story long, I was eating dinner with my wife the other day at Buddy's Grill in Claremore when a guy choked on his dinner, turned blue and passed out. After realizing he wasn't having a seizure or a heart attack, I actually did the Heimlich Maneuver on him (I was a little confused because I never knew that one could pass out so quickly when they choke, but this fella was OUT like a light in a matter of seconds!). I'll be danged if it didn't work just like they said it would...

Anyhow, I went back to my side of the diner and finished my meal. A few minutes later, he came up to me and thanked me and said he didn't even know what happened, that he actually didn't remember any of it, only what his wife told him. Anyway, he and his wife kindly bought our dinner and we parted ways.

Then when we were checking out, the waitress came to me and handed me this:
1231635_612853655125_1609309603_n.jpg

So, without further ado, I would like to pay this back, or forward (however you want to look at it) to a real Hero. No strings attached, if you feel like paying it forward and doing something for somebody else, great. I figure simply being a Serviceman or Veteran, you've already done that anyhow. Whoever wants it first can have it, just meet me sometime in the Verdigris area and pick it up, then go enjoy some food. :)

Y'all have a good night.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hell ya man!! Good on you for taking the time to learn. Not everyone can say they've saved a life. And then be gracious to "pass it on".

I applaud you.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should feel proud of yourself, in a world where most folks don't want to get involved, stepping up and helping someone you don't know is becoming rarer and rarer.

I've saved lives before, it does make you feel good. One man in particular made it a point to come visit me after getting out of the hospital to thank me and give me a hug...that was a great feeling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom