Need assistance in Yukon area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you have a detachable rear sight? Did that rear sight go back to the manufacturer with the upper?

You said it was a LT fixed rear...do you mean a Larue?

I have a magpul I could let you try, but I'm out of town.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you have a detachable rear sight? Did that rear sight go back to the manufacturer with the upper?

You said it was a LT fixed rear...do you mean a Larue? I thought their fixed rear wasn't adjustable for windage.....

I have a magpul I could let you try, but I'm out of town.

The rear sight was not from the same manufacture so I did not want to ship it off with the upper. The Larue Tactical LT-103 is windage adjustable and is essentially the same as the DD fixed rear sight. I appreciate your kindness, I may end up buying another rear sight and selling one here on the classifieds after I am done.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, caught that good with adustment...I was crossed up with elevation. Doh! Wonder what type of sight the manufacturer used to test fire it with.

Maybe something is wrong with the mounting assembly that's forcing it to sit off center on the rail.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I was told, the upper is test fired with a mil-spec carry handle. The Larue 103 I guess has been known to need adjustment to the left more often than not. I have an aimpoint sitting in a Larue Tactical QD mount and the lever is on the left side when looking through the optic from behind. The LT-103 rear sight had the latch on the right side when looking from the rear. It is almost like when I lock it down on the rail it pulls the sight to the right. Its funny cause with a bore sight and the rear sight turned around there is less adjustment needed, so I really think it is just a faulty design by the infamous Larue Tactical.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I was told, the upper is test fired with a mil-spec carry handle. The Larue 103 I guess has been known to need adjustment to the left more often than not. I have an aimpoint sitting in a Larue Tactical QD mount and the lever is on the left side when looking through the optic from behind. The LT-103 rear sight had the latch on the right side when looking from the rear. It is almost like when I lock it down on the rail it pulls the sight to the right. Its funny cause with a bore sight and the rear sight turned around there is less adjustment needed, so I really think it is just a faulty design by the infamous Larue Tactical.

Isn't Larue's policy to make it right?

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't Larue's policy to make it right?

Larue will replace any product with their name on it that has a factory defect. My LT-103 was sent to LT and they sent the same one back saying it was within spec and should be g2g. I believe the problem I am seeing is due to tolerances within specs of both manufactures just happened to be a bad mate (hopefully)

Latest posts

Top Bottom