assisted suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 people have posted laughing emojis on my post, I don’t see anything funny about any of this, the man asked for opinions and several people have posted theirs, I’d like know what part seems funny to them ?
I think the part about the suffering being His plan and not questioning that.

If God is omnipotent and omniscient then a mere mortal questioning things shouldn't pose much of a problem for Him.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the term assisted suicide. But, setting that aside, I think it's a personal choice and I wouldn't judge anyone either way. If a person has the cognitive power to understand the situation, I say let them choose.

Probably also wise to be smart about it so that some overzealous DA type doesn't cause problems for anyone still here.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Non-Sequitur Batman!!!

Not at all.

The insinuation was that one will be forgiven for killing themself because God is forgiving. Following this logic, is Hitler in Hell or was he also forgiven?

Do individual people get to decide what is a forgivable offense? Killing yourself is forgivable, kill hundreds of millions not forgivable. How about killing 10?

I’m just trying to understand the position of Rick and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all.

The insinuation was that one will be forgiven for killing themself because God is forgiving. Following this logic, is Hitler in Hell or was he also forgiven?

Do individual people get to decide what is a forgivable offense? Killing yourself is forgivable, kill hundreds of millions not forgivable. How about killing 10?

I'm going to let Ted's omnipotent and omniscient God look into their hearts and sort it out.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a fan of suicide, I think it’s selfish, but I saw a relative lay in a hospital bed for 26 days with zero chance of a recovery. Basically she starved to death I think. Was terrible, if it was me I pray someone would end my suffering quickly.
stage 4 cancer eating my esophagus and trachea spread to lungs , liver, tail bone and cervical spine and brain

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 people have posted laughing emojis on my post, I don’t see anything funny about any of this, the man asked for opinions and several people have posted theirs, I’d like know what part seems funny to them ?

I found this somewhere on the web and it sums up my feelings. The quote is attributed to Epicurus.

It's going to piss off all the Christians here so good job opening the can of worms.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the part about the suffering being His plan and not questioning that.

My thoughts are that we do not know God’s ultimate plan and reasoning. You question why he would allow trials and suffering of one individual, but do you question the impact made on those witnessing the suffering?

My older sister was married to an abusive alcoholic and though I wish she hadn’t endured all the pain she experienced, my witnessing her suffering positively impacted my life and decisions I have made through the years, including the morals and disciplines I have passed onto my kids. I have posted on here several times about how one of my daughters speaks up and stands up for those less fortunate or challenged. The impacts she makes on their lives are immeasurable and far more impactful to those who witness her kindness. That might have never happened had I not witnessed my sister’s suffering.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all.

Sure it is lol.... it's apples to oranges. At the very least slippery slope. I would imagine Hitler would not be in Heaven due to a laundry list of sin, not just murder. That's just instant logic though.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

All things happen either from God or with his assent. God did not kill Job’s cattle and children, or give Job lepresy. He allowed those things to happen though to confirm Job in his faith, and to show Satan that Job was not faithful to God for materialistic reasons, which was Satans claim. Trials give us opportunities for penance and to merit grace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom