Need help from the crossbow guys.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to the crossbow thing. Been bow hunting for 20 years and decided to give it a try. I picked up an Excalibur based on reviews and what several have said on this forum.

Now to the issue. I put the new crossbow through the paces to get it sited in today, and the vanes on one side of the bolt are hitting the riser. The bow seems to be shooting fine, but obviously there is an issue if the vanes on one side are being deformed. You can clearly see the plastic/paint transfer on the end of the riser that is coming from the white vanes. I have only shot the bow at 20 yds, but I assume beyond that the accuracy will be severely suspect due to the contact.

Any suggestions on what I can do to correct the issue?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excaliber doesn't use knocks like you said. Mine is out in the shop. I'll take a look and be back.
Edit: I don't see any way you could be hitting a riser. I have the Excaliber.
Take some pics, or PM me, and we can figure this out.

FYI when I first bought it, I took the stirrup off and inadvertently put it on backwards. Saw my accuracy go away.

I noticed a mark on the stirrup, and figured out the broad head, and fletching's were hitting it. Turned it around, put a little blue locktite on the screws, and back to business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom