Need help from the crossbow guys.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not on mine.

Porter, what model do you have?

Perhaps the bolts you bought have fletchings that are too high? I bought the factory bolts when buying the Xbow, and have stayed with the same style and length when putting new fletching on them.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From everything I've read, there is not supposed to be any contact with the vanes. In fact this seems to not be a very common issue based on my research online. I'm shooting the Ibex model with the factory Easton bolts and 150g field tips that come with it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try different bolts.

This could be an issue as well. Perhaps the bolts your using don't have enough spine, and are flexing coming off the ramp. I know Excalibur recommends 150 grain broad heads, and that's what I've been using. Maybe the bolts are designed for lighter broad heads?

The bolts I bought from Excalibur don't have a rooster fletching, so its pretty much put them anywhere.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are you cocking it by hand or with an aid? Maybe it is not cocking straight???

Turns out this was the issue. Even though I am using a cocking aid, it was still not lining up straight. I didn't really pay close attention to this because I thought using the aid would take all the guess work out of it. Like I said in the original post, I'm new to this. LOL.

I've got it dialed in nicely now with zero issues.

Thanks to everyone who offered their assistance! Much appreciated!!!!

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I never use a cocking rope. Just line my thumbs up with rail on each side a pull her back. Done it that way for 4 years, no problems...

That is what I do too, until last year I bought a rope and it ended up being recalled, so I took it back and did not get another. It does make it easier, but I do not have problems doing it by hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom