Need help from the Watch Gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heat&airPro

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was recently gifted a Timex Expedition North Field watch and the little pin with internal spring that holds the strap to the watch fell out in the woods and is gone forever. Timex customer service was worthless, basically said I could buy another watch and then I’d have extra parts but would not let me buy the part. I’m not a big watch guy but I really like this watch, plus it was a gift so I wanna fix it so I can continue use. Any tips on replacing that part or even the band itself to where it would be more durable would be greatly appreciated. If need be I can provide pics and dimensions of the missing part via the one on the other side that has not fallen out.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I believe so. So do I just need to mike it to get the right length? Any special tools needed? Are there better ones that I won’t have to worry about falling out and losing?
There are special tools but I do most of mine on the fly with a pocket knife. Harbor Freight might even have a spring bar assortment on hand

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Super easy fix. If you're in Tuttle, I'm in Newcastle. We're only a few minutes apart. If you want to bring the watch and strap, I'll measure the lug width and pop in a replacement spring bar. I've got tons of them on hand. Feel free to send me a PM and we can arrange to meet up. It'll only take a few minutes to fix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom