Need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lady Glock-No, its not too big. Its a ruger LCP so its small, and it fits her very well with the extended mag. Holster is fine, she has even talked about getting one of the purses specifically for carrying, and she actually shoots very well with it. Im not a fan of the LCP, but she likes and thats all that matters I guess.

[email protected]-she says that its the best one that she likes out of all the ones we tried.

Milezc9-I'm hoping it just takes a little time.

okiemaggie-Yes, we go to H&H, but I did not know about Tammy. Thank you I will definately bring that up!!

buckeye-Its definately not forced on her, and I dont let her know that it drives me crazy. I just calmly ask her if she has her gun when we are out, and when she says no, I just ask her why not. Thats when she says she's not used to it, or just forgot. She really likes to get out and shoot though. We always enjoy ourselves each time we go.

Lady Glock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a purse before getting my glock. They are not easy to use...they would be nearly impossible to draw from if a true need presented itself. I would have had to shoot through the purse, and I carried a Ruger P345...a smaller Ruger .45

I tried to quick draw and the hammer kept getting caught on the material...also, I used an Uncle mikes holster to protect the trigger. It really was inconvenient.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay with the wheel guns. My wife hated my 9mm XD, she hated my brother in law's .40 Glock, she didn't care for my dad's 9mm Taurus(he has whatever the 92fs clone is)she liked her Walther P-22 and that was about it.

She said those other ones were too loud and she wasn't comfortable with it.

Until she shot my 38SPL, it's a 2 inch so it's all sorts of loud and she thinks it's great. Then I bought the GP100 and she took a look at it and said "Yeah, I want to shoot this one". I think on some level it has to do with the simplicity of a revolver. I think some women that aren't particularly gun savvy, are intimidated by autos and there are so many safety variations out there I think they get frustrated if they can't work it without instruction. With a revo you get what you see, it's a little wheel holding 5 or 6 bullets all you do is point and fire.

So like I said if if you have larger caliber revos stick with those until she's hooked on shooting.

man thats a great idea i never thought of it that way. ill try that next time i can get her to the range we've got quite a bit of random revolvers

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my daughter for a private lesson with Tammy at H&H. She was FANTASTIC! Very impressed and my kid learned so much from here. So much so, that her first time EVER firing a gun she stood up to the line with a 9mm and put 5 dead center first time. She wasn't afraid of it and was completely competent that she could fire it.

Tammy is the real deal.

B

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a purse before getting my glock. They are not easy to use...they would be nearly impossible to draw from if a true need presented itself. I would have had to shoot through the purse, and I carried a Ruger P345...a smaller Ruger .45

I tried to quick draw and the hammer kept getting caught on the material...also, I used an Uncle mikes holster to protect the trigger. It really was inconvenient.

Sounds like thats not the way to go then. The LCP fits in her purse just fine and actually with it in the holster it clips and sits perfectly in a small pocket, and is easy to draw. So maybe she needs to stick with what she has.

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also I mentioned Tammy to her last night and she said she thinks she knows who Tammy is and was very willing to go to one of her SDA classes. So thanks to all that mentioned her. Could be my saving grace. I just want her to get in the mindset that all it takes is one incident and it could be over. It may never happen in her lifetime, but if it does, I want her to be ready and know what to do in that situation. Its getting worse and worse these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom