Need recommendation or suggestion for NFA MG insurance coverage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please advise on company that I can have my investment on NFA MG coverage? WHich company is better and why? Which policy is the best/money worth? Thanks in advance.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Historic Firearms and Collectinsure.com are two popular places. I'm about to get a policy with Historic. I currently have a policy with State Farm. It's a very good, broad policy. I know their claims process and feel very comfortable with them, but it's just getting a little too expensive for the amount I need to insure. If you are just doing 1 machinegun, I'd consider State Farm because you will have a local agent. It will be convenient and it's a good policy. It's worth the small, additional premium IMO. I haven't seen anyone who has had a claim experience with Historic or collectinsure. I'd really like to see someone that had a positive experience. They get positive feedback, but no one that I've seen has actually made a claim.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have all my homes/business/vehicles insured by State farm but I hated them. Thinking of change to a different company. I am thinking if using others as it will be multiples NFA items. Thanks for info.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a veteran USAA cannot be beat they are an amazing company that does more than insurance and are very helpful no matter what the situation

Morpheus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use state farm. I just did mine if it's under 10k no need for appraisal. My cars/renters/gun policy. I work in collision repair and they are the best for us. Also I have used there claim service when my guns were stolen. They were very good and understanding even let me upgrade to an mg. 5500 coverage was under 120 a year. Renters is higher tho

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correction she called me back I did need an appraisal. Cold hand did me right Steve is a great guy

They needed an appraisal for $5500? I did my Barrett for $9500 and they didn't need one. I think one of my M11's is insured for $5500. It didn't need an appraisal either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom