Need some help with a rifle sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mostly because people had to drag the details out of you. If you want to place a value on something it always helps to provide details. And do it in the classifieds...

Now that some details are available, I agree... It's probably worth more like $600 to $650. Of course, in reality it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Well, that’s why I was asking for help on this matter. Wasn’t aware such details were that important, otherwise I would have just listed it in classifieds lol. I appreciate all the information you kind gentleman have brought to my attention. I was just curious as to why some were saying $700+ and others around $600.
I’m trying to learn lol. As for “used”. We didn’t do much shooting. Wouldn’t even say 1k rounds have been fed through it. Maybe a few hundred. The sig was the favorite so we used it more.
There are also modifications such as the stock, handgrip and rail system. Not sure how much value that would have added to it.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that’s why I was asking for help on this matter. Wasn’t aware such details were that important, otherwise I would have just listed it in classifieds lol. I appreciate all the information you kind gentleman have brought to my attention. I was just curious as to why some were saying $700+ and others around $600.
I’m trying to learn lol. As for “used”. We didn’t do much shooting. Wouldn’t even say 1k rounds have been fed through it. Maybe a few hundred. The sig was the favorite so we used it more.
There are also modifications such as the stock, handgrip and rail system. Not sure how much value that would have added to it.

Custom firearms are like custom cars.

You're never going to get the full value of any modifications or customizations made. And you'll rarely, if ever, get back what was invested in it.

Also, barely used is still used. Just like a car, once you drive it off the lot, the value drops.

Last edited:

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just keep it unless you are strapped for cash, and in that case you are going to take a loss regardless.
Oh, it’s a keepsake, but I am as broke as broke can get 🤣. But like I said. I’m down to meet with someone to have them look at it. $600 and $700 is a huge difference for me at this moment.
I just know my dad was always working on the guns like they were his babies and buying stuff for them. I just didn’t want to find out there was an upgraded barrel, piston or whatever and regret selling it much lower than what I could have.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
When brand new, entry level ARs can be bought for at, or even under, $400, it's really not a great time to be selling.
This really sums it up. PSA is making $400 AR’s as fast as people will buy them. You have companies like Sons Of Liberty Gunworks, BCM, and FN making really solid “duty” AR’s for $900-1400. You can get a Larue complete setup if you shop around for $1200ish. Hell, I think JP makes a duty carbine for $1500ish. Makes for selling used RR, BCA, PSA, Stag, Anderson, Aero, etc run of the mill rifles a really hard sell unless you’re willing to take a serious loss while you’re at it. I have a cheap PSA that I dont really need anymore, as I have several others that fill it’s role. Rather than selling and struggling to make a few bucks, I’m digging out a few pmags and giving it to my buddy who was my best man at my wedding and doesn’t have an AR.

@Noema i understand you could use the cash, but I don’t know that you’ll get much from this, and will likely struggle to get it sold too. I would consider holding it until the election. You may be able to catch a spike in demand depending on the outcome.

Again, I understand that you would probably like the cash, but there’s a lot of gun owners here, and I have yet to hear anyone in the past 10ish years of being here say that they’re happy they sold their dad/family member/deceased friends firearm. Just something to consider with this too.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, I’m curious to why people were saying $700+. There are some magpul modifications on it such as the stock and quick release harness attachment. The grip is nice as well. Not sure what brand that is.
Grip is an Ergo Grip...really good, only about $25-$29 new. Sometimes way less on sale

Receiver extension end plate with a QD socket...depending on the company, those run around $25-$40 ish

CTR stock is $65ish MSRP

Extended buttpad $20

A defunct company's railed gas block, can't find any historical pricing so best guess for like item is $40 ish

Pop the handguards to see if that's not a piston kit. If it is, it'll be a couple hundred maybe, not now but when new it would have been.

Scope isn't worth much time IMO, Keep it to look at stuff or see if you can get a few bucks for it.

So, roughly about $180-$200 worth of improvements on a $600-$700 gun. All that means is that it's a $600-$700 gun. Don't know what it started out as so just assuming on the retail MSRP; unless you have the box and/or papers, you can find out exact MSRP.

Ask for what you want and work your way down. Again, TGV has the value around $600+ and historical prices up and down from there up to ~$800 ish.
TGV posts up various sale history prices; new from RRAs site (MSRP) puts them around the $600-$750 mark depending on the model.

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/rock-river-arms/price-historical-value

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grip is an Ergo Grip...really good, only about $25-$29 new. Sometimes way less on sale

Receiver extension end plate with a QD socket...depending on the company, those run around $25-$40 ish

CTR stock is $65ish MSRP

Extended buttpad $20

A defunct company's railed gas block, can't find any historical pricing so best guess for like item is $40 ish

Pop the handguards to see if that's not a piston kit. If it is, it'll be a couple hundred maybe, not now but when new it would have been.

Scope isn't worth much time IMO, Keep it to look at stuff or see if you can get a few bucks for it.

So, roughly about $180-$200 worth of improvements on a $600-$700 gun. All that means is that it's a $600-$700 gun. Don't know what it started out as so just assuming on the retail MSRP; unless you have the box and/or papers, you can find out exact MSRP.

Ask for what you want and work your way down. Again, TGV has the value around $600+ and historical prices up and down from there up to ~$800 ish.
TGV posts up various sale history prices; new from RRAs site (MSRP) puts them around the $600-$750 mark depending on the model.

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/rock-river-arms/price-historical-value
Wow, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for that. From what I’ve heard so far, I’ll start on $700.

This really sums it up. PSA is making $400 AR’s as fast as people will buy them. You have companies like Sons Of Liberty Gunworks, BCM, and FN making really solid “duty” AR’s for $900-1400. You can get a Larue complete setup if you shop around for $1200ish. Hell, I think JP makes a duty carbine for $1500ish. Makes for selling used RR, BCA, PSA, Stag, Anderson, Aero, etc run of the mill rifles a really hard sell unless you’re willing to take a serious loss while you’re at it. I have a cheap PSA that I dont really need anymore, as I have several others that fill it’s role. Rather than selling and struggling to make a few bucks, I’m digging out a few pmags and giving it to my buddy who was my best man at my wedding and doesn’t have an AR.

@Noema i understand you could use the cash, but I don’t know that you’ll get much from this, and will likely struggle to get it sold too. I would consider holding it until the election. You may be able to catch a spike in demand depending on the outcome.

Again, I understand that you would probably like the cash, but there’s a lot of gun owners here, and I have yet to hear anyone in the past 10ish years of being here say that they’re happy they sold their dad/family member/deceased friends firearm. Just something to consider with this too.
As for selling my dads gun. It’s kind of a “have too” thing. If you knew the relationship I had with my dad, you’d see how hard of a thing this is for me lol. I try to leave this information out, because people thought I was using “pity” to make a sell, which isn’t me at all lol. Anyways, if you’re curious as to why I am in this situation, feel free to private message me.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for that. From what I’ve heard so far, I’ll start on $700.

As for selling my dads gun. It’s kind of a “have too” thing. If you knew the relationship I had with my dad, you’d see how hard of a thing this is for me lol. I try to leave this information out, because people thought I was using “pity” to make a sell, which isn’t me at all lol. Anyways, if you’re curious as to why I am in this situation, feel free to private message me.
I’m not curious, but if you need someone to talk to I’m happy to listen.