Netflix or what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my breakdown:

Hulu: I basically have this just so I can watch normal TV shows. I consider it my "cloud based" dvr. Sometimes there might be a good movie, but typically, it seems to be more oriented towards people who like foreign films, anime and commercials. It's my least favorite service, but it serves a purpose as my cable replacement.

Netflix: By far the exclusive content is its strong point. Interface is clean and I recommend staying in the know about whats being added and whats being removed (usually a monthly article, in fact KFOR usually posts it on their news website).

Amazon Prime: Decent selection of movies, but to really appreciate it, you need to browse it through a webbrowser, add it to queue and then watch via an app. Has good subscriptions. Exclusive content is good, but not quite the quality of netflix.

These are really the only 3 I have experience with unless you are interested in hockey, then I can tell you that NHL gamecenter is absolutely horrible. I pay for the service so I can watch hockey without having cable. But if a game is available on a cable station in my area, I get blacked out.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can pick up a Roku pretty cheap, its a little box that you can stream through...we've been satellite free for 3 years now and I rarely miss it, only miss the History Channel and some of the predator hunting shows...we have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and several others, but I mainly watch Netflix, Amazon and a little YouTube, plus listen to Pandora some

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have Amazon, Hulu and Netflix. We use an Amazon fire stick that we use on our main tv and love it. I actually just order a jail broken fire stick because access looks to be unlimited.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have AT&T uverse and have been using Netflix for 5 or 6 years with just a few minor problems, wife and daughter watch it non stop thru out the day and nite, have 2 of the smart tv's and the other has a wii hooked up to it and connects them thru the wireless modem that AT&T supplies.

gregb21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have Amazon, Hulu and Netflix. We use an Amazon fire stick that we use on our main tv and love it. I actually just order a jail broken fire stick because access looks to be unlimited.

I have a firestick and firebox, both jalbroken. The access is unlimited. I watched hateful 8 new years weekend at home. It works, takes a bit to get use to, but worth the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom