Netflix Stream of the Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us watch weird stuff on Netflix, maybe cause that's the only stuff they have in the catalog. (har har)

Let's start a movie discussion group. Recommend weird stuff that you stumble on that no one has heard of.

I'll start:

s17.postimage.org_wzi61qken_sagn.jpg

I give it 2.5 out of 4.

Pros: All star cast. Pretty piratey and gritty. Typical lumberjack day: eat, love women, cut trees (almost die), curse women, drink beer, get in fistfights, repeat. The final scene is notable.

Cons: The eating scenes (half the movie) are full of talking with full mouths, smirking while taking bites, and jokey-jokes while downing food. Pet peeve, makes me want to punch a baby.

The story is pretty 1970's, but it was worth streaming. I had it on while working at the computer. It's a good multi-tasking show.

Please watch it and post your thoughts, and then recommend something else. Remember: it must be fairly obscure, offbeat, or if it is a blockbuster it must be at least 25 years old.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Saw the Devil 2011 NR 142 minutes

Akmareul Boatda

Description: A secret agent discovers how far over the edge he'll go to seek retribution after his fiancée is brutally slain by a psychopathic serial killer.

Cast:Byung-hun Lee, Min-sik Choi, Gook-hwan Jeon
Genre:Foreign Movies, Thrillers, Foreign Thrillers, Korean Movies
This movie is:Violent, Suspenseful

4 out of 4, it's a cross between a James Bond movie and Silence of the Lambs. Best movie that I watched in 2011. Wife and kids might want to shy away from this, as it's pretty violent and has some lady nudity in it. Also you it's a foreign flick, so you will have to read, but it's amazing.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unthinkable, 2011 on Crackle. Sam Jackson plays an Interrogator who is unrestricted in his methods to solicit info on some nuclear bombs placed in the USA. Brutal, but thought provoking, worth the watch while multitasking on the computer.

He gives new meaning to what we might consider Unthinkable.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unthinkable, 2011 on Crackle. Sam Jackson plays an Interrogator who is unrestricted in his methods to solicit info on some nuclear bombs placed in the USA. Brutal, but thought provoking, worth the watch while multitasking on the computer.

He gives new meaning to what we might consider Unthinkable.

Great movie. Not for hippies, libs, or those with weak stomachs though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom