Never guess what I saw today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An honest to goodness...

100%....

Gen-u-wine....

NOT a motorcycle...

A Mini Bike!!!!

Just like the one I saw today(an old man on it going down the street).

www.minidoodle.com_8a7ff3f0.jpg

Not just any ol' mini bike but the ones I grew up on in the early 1970's. Exactly 1971, when I was eight years old when I got my "Sears" mini bike. About wore my arm out pulling on that cord to fire up that engine!!!

A few short years later I was riding a Suzuki RM 125, but that mini bike cruised many a mile on those old country roads with my buddies!!!

5-6 of us on those mini bikes truckin' down those dirt roads...heck we thought we were Hell's Angels...red-neck, country bumpkin style!!! Man-o-man, as a kid I loved looking at the JC Penny's and Sears Catalog...wishing for one of those mini's!!!

Santa finally brought one...and I was one little happy camper. Funny ...the things that take you back to a certain time and place in your life.

Sears Catalog:

www.minidoodle.com_87a98240.jpg

J C Pennys

i336.photobucket.com_albums_n356_aislintoo_zx_DSC00524.jpg

www.vintageadsandstuff.com_viewmotorcyclemisc31.jpeg

Wards...
26b33ee4b558d1267e542f2d485237e5.jpg

Not me.....but that kid in the picture sure looks like one little Okie(named Cohiba) in 1971.
p.vitalmx.com_photos_forums_2014_12_05_72779_s1200_Dec_1970_Gary.jpg

Somebody hand me a stiff drink.....dang I'm getting old!!!!!

mbalexander

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad got my brother & me one when we were about 10 I guess. He owned a drug store and a lady owed him some money for some scripts. Brother & I had good grades ONE 9 weeks, so my dad traded the lady's bill for the mini bike for us. We had a blast on it.

Then at 14 he bought each of us Honda CL 100s.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long about's 1970 I got 1 from sears as well, if memory serves correct $135 bucks, 1973 got the first year of Honda xr 75, $400 out the door if not mistaken.. Just recently picked up a coleman ct200u minibike from TSC $ 400 bucks, no suspension means watch out for bumps and holes..

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, does this ever bring back memories. Me and a couple of other no-good pals had old beater mini-bikes when we were kids. We used to hideout in the tree line at the golf course and putt-putt as fast as we could to take our no-good selves out there and snatch golf balls and heave 'em in the water. Those damn old golfers would chase the bee-Jeebus in their golf carts too. My mini-bike was just a lil faster though. Man you never heard such cussin'! Mine had the typical underpowered lawn mower type engine on it; at first. Somehow, we managed to jerry-rig up some scrap and mount an engine off a wrecked Honda 100cc on the thing and uh oh...that was trouble. The thing had no suspension and would probably go about 40-45 mph, which is awful fast when you're barely clearing pavement or dirt. I crashed it hard into a big old pine tree while trying to ditch some really pissed off guy who was chasing me for throwing water balloons at his car off the raised roadway off about NW 26th and Villa, by old Shepard Mall. What remained was mostly just a scrap hunk of metal. I'd love to have one now, but I'd probably kill myself on it now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom