new buckmark camper with alot of jams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akabickle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I bought a brand new buckmark camper at academy a couple weeks ago. Went out to the range this past Thursday and shot some Remington 36 grain hollow points from walmart in the 550 count box. I did not clean it before going out and got about 15 to 20 jams in about 150 rounds. I noticed that the tips are really soft as the were damaged from the slide catching them.

Any comments on what might be the issue? Appreciate the help; and yes when it fires it is damn accurate and smooth.

I think you have already heard this from a few people. I had the same problem with cheap remington loads and ended up buying some federal rounds that shoot every time. Be careful with these type of browning or ruger clips.. if you have old ammo or ammo is dull or rough, your slide will have a tough time throwning it in the chamber.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of the Buckmark Campers from Academy as well and its ate everything I put in it and only jammed maybe once or twice and that was on some OLD Remington "Bucket of Bullets" that has been in my gun safe for who knows how long. I have shot, the Federal, Winchester and Remington bulk ammo and it has done great so far.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know, my recently bought buckmark ate 4 boxes of the 333 count winchesters without 1 FTE/FTF. These were the first rounds I put through it and it ran flawlessly. So I dont think the problem is winchester ammo.

Since my buckmark has ate everything I fed it (federal, winchester, remington, cci, etc).

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always a good idea to clean a new gun before taking it out to shoot.

Lots of people seem to forget or never learned this. Many new firearms have a protective grease or some other type of coating (inside and out) to prevent corrosion while the firearm is stored after manufacture (maybe for years) before being sold. It's not a purpose designed lubricant. It is primarily a protective coating and the firearm should be cleaned then lubed after purchase.

At least they don't come coated with cosmoline. Ask an old military guy how much fun that stuff is to remove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom