new buckmark camper with alot of jams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DobieWorld

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I bought a brand new buckmark camper at academy a couple weeks ago. Went out to the range this past Thursday and shot some Remington 36 grain hollow points from walmart in the 550 count box. I did not clean it before going out and got about 15 to 20 jams in about 150 rounds. I noticed that the tips are really soft as the were damaged from the slide catching them.

Any comments on what might be the issue? Appreciate the help; and yes when it fires it is damn accurate and smooth.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try a different brand of ammo. 22s can be very picky about what they like.

I got lucky today when I finally got a chance to fire my new Ruger 22/45. It feeds Remington Peters Wildcat just fine, which is a good thing since I have a few bricks of it left from years back.

DobieWorld

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, I have a brick of Winchester that I will try this week then. Although the practice clearing jams and getting back on target was very valuable.

Is shooting hollow points of any concern with a new gun?

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to clean out all the lead before trying out your next brand, sounds like your hollow points most likley left some residue.

I can fine tune your gun for a particular ammo but it is easier to find an ammo your gun already likes.

Slab_Slayer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a new buckmark this weekend and shot the remington hollow points today. Had no jams, but i got a few misfires. I also cleaned it first thing after i bought it.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
be sure that the top strap that screws to the top of the barrel is tight. if it gets loose the slide can raise up and allow the firing pin to not strike the shell. I had a cussing fit with mine. found out that I wasn't tightening down the front screw enough. it would back out after just a magazine or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom