New deer hunting rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, not really...but I ordered an A6 stock for the M1919...its meant for prone shooting of it off of a bipod. Its big, bulky, looks terribly uncomfortable...but could be fun to play with.
This is what it'll look like once I get the stock in...I've not ordered a bipod yet.
7132500_01_browning_1919a6_w_bipod_640.jpg

Was talking to a buddy about it...he said "you should try shoulder firing it!"...and well thats where this thing went south. Trying to think of something for a forend or grip...I started looking at BAR forends to see if maybe they could be channeled out to fit the shroud...then I had a possible "Ah ha!" moment.

I have a carry handle for the 1919...I think if I cut the carry handle at the two lines, drill a hole where the dot is and reassemble it, I have a perfectly angled fore grip that may let me complete this challenge, and use real M1919 parts. Once the stock gets here and I see how heavy this thing is trying to shoulder it (I think its 31 pounds before you add the stock or any ammo), I may cut up the carry handle and give it a whirl just for S&G's.

50070722_1086060571601355_3553423174957793280_n.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Is that an extra carry handle ? Looking at that piece it seems you could go to a metal shop and have them make you one that meets your needs rather than trashing the factory carry handle.
For that matter you could prolly get the metal and a meps torch from Home depot and form your own.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not an extra, but they arent very expensive and they're readily available. I'm not gonna do anything to it until I get the shoulder stock and see how well I can support a 30+ pound rifle enough to get some shots off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom