New HHS rules demand your medical records be turned over to governemnt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A few years ago there was a push to allow government access to mental health records of gun purchasers. The idea being that we need to know what kind of person has access to weapons. Now they may be going one step farther. With these new rules I believe they will now even have access to prescription medications and possibly anything you discuss with your doctor if he documents it. Will this information be used against you? Will those gun ownership questions doctors ask now days be sent in as well?
http://washingtonexaminer.com/opini...ld-give-government-everybody-s-health-records
In a proposed rule from Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the federal government is demanding insurance companies submit detailed health care information about their patients.

Michael

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago there was a push to allow government access to mental health records of gun purchasers. The idea being that we need to know what kind of person has access to weapons. Now they may be going one step farther. With these new rules I believe they will now even have access to prescription medications and possibly anything you discuss with your doctor if he documents it. Will this information be used against you? Will those gun ownership questions doctors ask now days be sent in as well?
http://washingtonexaminer.com/opini...ld-give-government-everybody-s-health-records

Michael
Yes...once you control their medical care and then later on their food supply, they are yours to do as you wish....2012 is CRITICAL

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To see the danger of this for gun owners one only needs to look at recent court cases of local Sheriffs denying or revoking permits of those who have a legal prescription in their State for medical marijuana. What would prevent these people from looking through your medical records to find other drugs which might leave one under the influence and not fit to own a weapon. Pain meds, anti-depressants, others?

Michael

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes...once you control their medical care and then later on their food supply, they are yours to do as you wish....2012 is CRITICAL

Just remember that, over the last 20 years, including during the Bush Presidency, both parties have had one thing that they agreed upon in their proposed healthcare reform plans: increased centralization of electronic medical records.

The rhetoric from the GOP on the issue right now is nothing but empty vote pandering.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever vigilant...

Thanks for the heads up. This would be a GREAT question for the Presidential debates but I'm sure it will never get asked.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People look at me like I'm crazy, when I tell them that they're crazy if they let their doctor diagnose them with some mental issue just to get a prescription for some wonderpill that will make everything all right. The HIPAA law does not protect patients from inappropriate use of their medical records. It PRETENDS to, but it doesn't. There's no way in hell I'd let my doctor put something on my medical records that I didn't approve of, and I let them know that up front. If they don't like it, I'll fire them and find a doc who understands my concerns and complies with my demands.

Nothing is safe from dumbass politicians who think they're here to "help" us. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom