Like your privacy? Don't go to the doctor anymore.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I’ve stated before, I haven’t been to a doctor of any kind since 2004, but if/when I do have to visit one, I’ll lie like my life depends on it if asked private personal questions.
THIS!!! Very few people deserve an answer to personal questions and even fewer entitled to the truth.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's another side of that coin. This time from the Feds: "
The Washington Examiner reported:

New documents shared with the Washington Examiner, which Gun Owners of America obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, shed light on how facilities in New Hampshire, Delaware, Massachusetts, and Oklahoma, used the gun forms and supplied signatory records to the FBI. The forms are from 2011 and 2019, the year the FBI has said it discontinued their usage.

The document from 2011, which dates the FBI’s actions to five years earlier than has previously been reported, was shared with Oklahoma’s Northwest Center for Behavioral Health, a mental health clinic. Like other forms, the signatory’s name has been redacted by the FBI.

The form was filled out in November 2011, and the clinic later sent it to the FBI, documents show. A medical professional, whose name was also redacted by the FBI, signed the form and disclosed their state license number. There are no investigative records accompanying the Oklahoma-related forms, making it unclear why the person forfeited their gun rights.

In April 2017, one signatory signed a form following coordination between Rockford Center, a private mental health group in Newark, Delaware, and the FBI. The signatory identified as “a danger to himself or to others” and was neither involuntarily committed for treatment nor adjudicated as a “mental defective,” documents show.

However, the Gun Control Act of 1968, a federal law regulating firearms ownership, does not say a U.S. citizen may label themselves unfit to own guns and outlines that a person could be prohibited if they are “adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.”

Clyde told the Washington Examiner, “These new revelations provide additional proof that the FBI has used deeply disturbing tactics to erode Americans’ Second Amendment freedoms. Make no mistake — the FBI is weaponizing NICS forms to advance the Left’s dangerous agenda of dismantling our Second Amendment liberties and disarming our nation. Congress must thoroughly investigate this troubling matter and hold all unelected, anti-gun bureaucrats involved accountable for forcing Americans to relinquish their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.”

Washington Examiner reporter Gabe Kaminsky tweeted Tuesday, “BREAKING: Starting in 2011, the FBI secretly coordinated without congressional approval alongside hospitals to strip U.S. citizens of their rights to own, use or buy firearms, according to a trove of internal documents obtained by @dcexaminer. The docs, which were obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, show how medical centers in New Hampshire, Delaware, Massachusetts, and Oklahoma, used the gun forms and supplied signatory records to the FBI. The New Hampshire Hospital is state-funded.”

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO the medical system is a nightmare… Try having young children and not being ok with the current “vaccine schedule” they push so hard. You’ll be treated like garbage.

I know there are plenty of good people in the medical system. I also know if you search around, good doctors can be found.

That being said, the medical system is hell to me and I don’t trust it. I avoid it like the plague. Good reminder to be proactive about your own health and try to take care of yourself

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because it appears that my Dr. IS germane to the topic. Thus, HIPAA is by proxy. Or am I just reading too much into it?
Prob reading too much into it, I guess. Your doc, like all HIPAA covered entities (nurses, pharmacists , therapists, insurance companies, etc) are bound by HIPAA. This new rule doesn’t change HIPAA laws. So, any covered entities would still have to follow HIPAA privacy laws when using this new program, just like they did before using the new program.

Last edited:

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you tend to try to go around an insult people's wives and families in person too? or is it just a online thing?
It wasn't meant as an insult, just the nature of healthcare workers in general and nurses specifically. They'll chat it up about any and all patients without any regard to "laws" set by politicians.

You'll catch doctors doing it too sometimes, but mostly it's nurses. I'm sure your wife is a fine medical practitioner, but she's a rarity. And yes, I'd tell you the same thing to your face. Your wife probably will too.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For years I never allowed a doctor to keep my original patient records I have them all , but with the HIPPA nonsense and Dubya then Obama and the push to digitize medical records that strategy no longer works. I still only tell a doctor what I want them to know and nothing more.

Maybe some folks here could benefit from such a practice. When they ask about past surgeries and I am there for my high cholesterol meds I just say hey doc stay on point . Try it sometime , I don't fill out questionnaires for anything I am not there to have addressed.

DanielJamar

Marksman
Reaction score
Learn to be ambiguous. If they ask if you have guns say no. No more details than necessary. Don't say you twisted your ankle hunting. You actually didn't. You twisted it walking. It's completely immaterial where you were when you twisted your ankle.
Citizens of dictatorships have to learn to speak ambiguously. As Americans, that is a slippery slope we fought for the right to speak freely without repercussions. Lets maintain that standard by demanding it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom