New owner of POF .308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a nice weapon and for what you got, you stole that thing. That is IF it's legit. That almost seems too good to be true. Goodluck with it and let us know how it goes.

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm using Mark, the owner of Sooner Guns in Tulsa, as my FFL. He seems like an alright guy but he was kind of a douche about me buying a POF .308 instead of buying one of his DPMS rifles.

Don't get me wrong, I think DPMS makes a great rifle and I had planned on purchasing the DPMS SASS .308. However, after finding the POF and reading/comparing how it's constructed a little better than the DPMS, I chose to get the POF instead. When I told Mark what I was buying he commented "I see you decided to overpay anyway" . It kinda got under my skin but I just blew it off.

Personally, I don't see how I could've overpaid when the gun sells for a mere $100 more than the DPMS-SASS .308 setup. Additionally, I received (2) extra magazines which are $30/ea, a GGG bipod which is $160, a scope that costs around $400-500, and the canvas assault case. I got all of that for only $300 more than what the bare DPMS rifle would've cost me.

I know he wanted to make a sale but I want the best bargain for my buck and that's why I purchased the POF setup instead.

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I finally got a chance to fire my POF today. Wow...it is truly amazing! I was bracing for a recoil from hell and was amazed when it barely kicked. I could, and will probably, dump a ton of money in ammo because I've got the itch to be at the range anytime I can.

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, other than GayPal calling and being nosy about what I was buying, where I purchased it from, etc. I stonewalled them and didn't give them information about anything. Although I've never had any issues, after reading some of the stuff on PayPalsucks.com, it makes me not want to use PayPal for my online transactions.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paypal called you... wow I have never heard of such a thing. The biggest ticket item I bought with paypal was a $3,500 built motor for my STi man I miss that car.

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about it is the bipod doesn't swivel. It will tilt from side to side but it absolutely will not swivel from left to right. It sucks because I really like this bipod as it's constructed very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom