New panhandling technique

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a scam going around Catoosa/Claremore where a family of middle eastern people will pull up while you are getting gas and try to sell you fake gold jewelry. They will say: please help my family, we need gas money, God bless you sir. They are really good at their scam. Got me for $100 several months ago. I got three fake gold necklaces and a ring for my trouble. Took them to the pawn shop and they aren't worth much.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a scam going around Catoosa/Claremore where a family of middle eastern people will pull up while you are getting gas and try to sell you fake gold jewelry. They will say: please help my family, we need gas money, God bless you sir. They are really good at their scam. Got me for $100 several months ago. I got three fake gold necklaces and a ring for my trouble. Took them to the pawn shop and they aren't worth much.
Those folks used to be called Gypsies

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's as old a scam as there is!

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As inflation rises more and more people will be panhandling, it’s better then them stealing but it is annoying. Not knowing if they are being truthful is what makes me not give money now, I gave a guy $20 because he said he needed diapers and formula a few years back. I regretted that when I left the store, his Hummer probably had wheels that cost more then my truck when he passed me.
Hands down the best sign I’ve ever seen was off 240/Penn, dude had a sign that said
“Im not gonna lie, I just need money for a beer and some weed.”

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As inflation rises more and more people will be panhandling, it’s better then them stealing but it is annoying. Not knowing if they are being truthful is what makes me not give money now, I gave a guy $20 because he said he needed diapers and formula a few years back. I regretted that when I left the store, his Hummer probably had wheels that cost more then my truck when he passed me.
Hands down the best sign I’ve ever seen was off 240/Penn, dude had a sign that said
“Im not gonna lie, I just need money for a beer and some weed.”
Report I recently saw stated 63 percent of Americans are falling behind. The rot and decay is hard at work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom