New rifle reloads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked up what seems to be the most popular powder which seemed to be IMR 4064. I'm gonna try some other powders to see what I like after I'm done with this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've reloaded thousands of 30-06 using IMR 4350, but recently changed to Reloader 17.
It does meter better, and is still accurate in my Browning stainless stalker.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And R17 is a little faster, but so long as you don't run it out on the ragged edge during load development in a cold time period, it should be fine during the summer. R17, can be a touch sensitive to temp swings.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And R17 is a little faster, but so long as you don't run it out on the ragged edge during load development in a cold time period, it should be fine during the summer. R17, can be a touch sensitive to temp swings.

Thanks for the info Huck. I'm a new reloader as well and the temp coefficient never dawned on me.

Jeff

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought some H4350, but not loaded any for 30-06. It's great for 243.

A good place to start is 58gns of H4350 with a 165gn bullet. It is a known accuracy load, but me require just a little tweaking for your individual guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom