New Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD, 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger really has surprised me, an old, hard to surprise kind of guy, with their whole line of SR1911 pistols. Just got this one, and the fit and finish is very nice. Series 70 design, so less tiny parts to lose in the wife's carpet! And easier to reassemble for us guys with big clumsy mitts too. I detailed it, cleaned it up inside and out, and put these grips on it. Comes with 2 9-rd Metalform mags, I ordered up some Wilson's for it as well. I cannot wait to take it to the range and run some ammo through it. The trigger had a bit of creep when I took it out of the box, but now that I have detailed it nicely, it seems to be better and breaks at an even 4.0 lbs on my scale. The lighter springs of the 9mm makes the slide very easy to rack. No rattles or shakes. This complements my blued Colt LW Commander in .45 nicely. IMO, Ruger is putting out some great 1911 pistols at a great price. I don't know why these guns aren't at the $1,000 point, honestly, I don't. Oh; me so happy, me so happy long time. Here's pics, both stock and with the new grip panels I had custom made a few months ago.
IMG_3244.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3245.JPG
IMG_3246.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bro got a filipino alloy 9mm variant for $630 out the door, with an ambi-safety. I'll get around to chopping it commander length one day. It takes longer to cut the front sight dovetail than to cut the barrel, slide, recoil spring guide and plug, trim off the front of the front lug, get a different recoil spring into it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom