New Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD, 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the miltary lacks funds or time to bother with the pistol. So any soldier who's any good, got that way on his own hook. I made black belt in Korea, but the Army had nothing to do with it, other than stationing me there. have fun mucking around in the rain.
You know, some of your threads and posts are amusing, in a short bus sort of way. In this case, you're just being a rude jerk. You're crapping all over the OP's thread about his nice new gun with your blustery nonsense and you should have the decency to stop!

:angry3:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I said in post #1, for the life of me I don't know how Ruger makes these pistols at such a good price. This little gun handles very well and will put them right where you point them. I couldn't make it malfunction, even by severely limp wristing it. We shot 300 rounds of Fiocchi and Freedom Munitions FMJ and about 50 rounds of mixed JHP. The safety engages/disengages with a nice firm click, not too stiff; not too loose. Trigger had a tiny bit of creep, which actually seems to be pretty much gone now, and a little bit of take-up, which can be adjusted for. The reset was fine. Grip safety has a nice speed bump and we had no issue with engaging it. The mag well is slightly beveled and there were no problems with mag insertion or drops. The stock 9-rd Metal Form mags worked just fine, as did the 10-rd after market Wilsons I bought for it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this gun to anybody looking for a nice 1911 for purposes of carry and or home defense. Ruger seems to have made a pistol that has all I want or need in a carry 1911; it sure meets my expectations. After we shot the Ruger, we shot Jimmy's custom Yost-Bonitz. oh yeah, it has a little better trigger overall than the Ruger does, and it is a beauty too, but there is also a huge difference in $$$.

As far as the loser's comments, I could care less. I bet the only black belt he ever got was the black eye he got from being belted by some lonely soldier he made a pass at off base.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I said in post #1, for the life of me I don't know how Ruger makes these pistols at such a good price. This little gun handles very well and will put them right where you point them. I couldn't make it malfunction, even by severely limp wristing it. We shot 300 rounds of Fiocchi and Freedom Munitions FMJ and about 50 rounds of mixed JHP. The safety engages/disengages with a nice firm click, not too stiff; not too loose. Trigger had a tiny bit of creep, which actually seems to be pretty much gone now, and a little bit of take-up, which can be adjusted for. The reset was fine. Grip safety has a nice speed bump and we had no issue with engaging it. The mag well is slightly beveled and there were no problems with mag insertion or drops. The stock 9-rd Metal Form mags worked just fine, as did the 10-rd after market Wilsons I bought for it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this gun to anybody looking for a nice 1911 for purposes of carry and or home defense. Ruger seems to have made a pistol that has all I want or need in a carry 1911; it sure meets my expectations. After we shot the Ruger, we shot Jimmy's custom Yost-Bonitz. oh yeah, it has a little better trigger overall than the Ruger does, and it is a beauty too, but there is also a huge difference in $$$.

As far as the loser's comments, I could care less. I bet the only black belt he ever got was the black eye he got from being belted by some lonely soldier he made a pass at off base.
Thanks for the report, looks like you've got a winner!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm happy with it, even though 1911Sooner is eyeing it, I think I'm gonna hang onto this one. Got her all cleaned up and mags loaded with 124 gr Gold Dots. My Colt Lightweight Commander in .45ACP has nightstand duty tonight, but Ruby the Ruger gets to ride in the holster tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had more fun shooting the LW BHP, then the YO-BO. As Joel said, this Ruger is amazing. Joel was barely hanging on to that thing, I mean with just his thumb and middle finger. I thought it was going to jump out of his hands, and that Ruger didn't miss a beat. I think the Range Officer got a bigger kick shooting our pistols when we had a malfunction (cough, cough) then we did.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that thing has a round butt and light rail, I'd buy one and put an STI short trigger on it and some night sights, then give it to my wife for a bedside gun. She won't let me spend what it would take to build one to spec like that. :(

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was impressed by the Ruger 9mm also (given, I didn't shoot one yet). The one I handled did have a fair amount of frame to slide play (not too much, and not necessarily a bad thing), but made me wonder if aluminum framed 1911s typically have more than steel-framed. I'm not as familiar with aluminum-framed 1911s, and was wondering if more clearance was needed for proper tolerance when the metal heats up. The SA EMP 4" is about $200 more, and really has my attention at the moment.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I know of Joel's is pretty tight, the few I have had over the years were also tight(Colt Wiley Clapp). My EDC is a 1911 38 Super LW is a custom, and it's tight.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was impressed by the Ruger 9mm also (given, I didn't shoot one yet). The one I handled did have a fair amount of frame to slide play (not too much, and not necessarily a bad thing), but made me wonder if aluminum framed 1911s typically have more than steel-framed. I'm not as familiar with aluminum-framed 1911s, and was wondering if more clearance was needed for proper tolerance when the metal heats up. The SA EMP 4" is about $200 more, and really has my attention at the moment.

Years ago I had a Springfield Micro which was an aluminum framed 3" 1911 and it was pretty tight but not target tight. The fit was nice. But I cant for sure remember that the rails on it were aluminum or if they were steel. I seems like it had steel rails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom