New Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD, 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice touch with the Bubble and Wings

Thanks. I earned those insignia a long time ago, back when I was lean and mean. But, I damn sure did earn them, as well as the EGA on the right hand side of the grips. and I'm proud of it. I found a guy on 1911forum.com who has a nice setup to do custom grips; laser cut, and inlays both. You can't see it well in the pics, but the USMC is laser cut in and set in a banner, and the insignia are actual ones I pulled off an old uniform hanging in a back closet that he inlaid in the ebony wood for me. I think he did a great job.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bro got a filipino alloy 9mm variant for $630 out the door, with an ambi-safety. I'll get around to chopping it commander length one day. It takes longer to cut the front sight dovetail than to cut the barrel, slide, recoil spring guide and plug, trim off the front of the front lug, get a different recoil spring into it.
Do you think you could cut this one down for me? I mean, I'm thinking a snub-nose 1911 kinda thing might be really cool, even tactical. How short can we go with it?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I earned those insignia a long time ago, back when I was lean and mean. But, I damn sure did earn them, as well as the EGA on the right hand side of the grips. and I'm proud of it. I found a guy on 1911forum.com who has a nice setup to do custom grips; laser cut, and inlays both. You can't see it well in the pics, but the USMC is laser cut in and set in a banner, and the insignia are actual ones I pulled off an old uniform hanging in a back closet that he inlaid in the ebony wood for me. I think he did a great job.

Yeah, when I were a young buck I used to etch custom grips on the side. made some good money at it but With laser engraving now , its not worth the time cuz its way cheaper. I would etch things like Master Wings, Ranger tabs and what not. I used to have photo album of all the stuff I did but it got burned up in a barracks fire in Ft Chaffee AR

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it can be cut to Colt Defender length if you wish, but you can't afford to have me do it. It would cost you almost $1000.

Dang! You must be a master gunsmith or maybe a master...a master...master sumpthin' anyway.

And how do you know I can't afford it? I can afford it easy. I got lots of money, yeah...that's right, lots. I won it all as a QuickDraw pistol shooting artist back with Roy Rogers and teaching high speed low drag long range super secret silent suppressed sniper pistol classes, in the dark AND at night to the CIA and FBI and I-DEA, and the Marine Recons and Army Ranger Guys and Navel Seals and Deltoid Force and Quail Springs Fast Action Response Team. So tell me where to drop my pistol off to you for the "custom work" to be done on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom