New to shooting, any outdoor ranges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roknruin1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a new member here and new to shooting. I recently bought a 4" XD9. I have to say i really love that gun!! Its so accurate!! Super reliable and so easy to take care of! Although i have to say i would really like a Walther pk380, tried a rental and absolutely fell in love!! Lol anyway back to subject.. I have been going to heartland gun range lately since its so close. However I'm looking for an outdoor range within an hour away from OKC. I love the Heartland range, it's extremely nice but there just isn't any thing better than the outdoors if you ask me. If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it!

roknruin1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice! Thank you very much for that! I'm gonna have to try out that one near banner road, Yukon isnt too far of a drive from me. I googled it and looks pretty interesting. I wanting to try out that 100 and 50 yard range.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice! Thank you very much for that! I'm gonna have to try out that one near banner road, Yukon isnt too far of a drive from me. I googled it and looks pretty interesting. I wanting to try out that 100 and 50 yard range.

Make sure to bring at least $8 cash and all the ammo you want to shoot. That is the range fee for an entire day of shooting. Harry will even give you a target to start with but bring extras. Not a bad range to shoot at but not the highest quality either. I have sent many a bullets down that range.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another +1 for Banner Road range. Its actual name is "Canadian Ranges." If you want to google up some directions, it is at 7400 Jensen Rd. E., El Reno, OK 73036.

Always good to see new folks getting involved in shooting. It is the greatest of sports... the only one endorsed by the founding fathers!

I'm glad you like your XD -- they are some nice pistols. I would also recommend you learn how to shoot a rifle -- they are oh so much fun (and useful)! We are having an Appleseed Shoot at the Banner Road range on October 8-9 -- you should definitely come. Appleseed is an all volunteer organization that teaches rifle marksmanship, along with some Revolutionary War history. It's only $70 for a weekend, and you will learn to shoot a rifle better than you ever thought possible. I was a gun guy for a long time before I really truly learned how to shoot by going to an Appleseed. Might as well learn it the right way from the start! I sure wish I went to one sooner. Links are in my sig line.

If you don't have a rifle, we will give you a loaner. Coming to one of these events is a really great way for a new shooter to get an idea of what kind of rifle he wants before he goes out and drops beaucomp bucks on something, just to be trying to sell it at the next show because he finds out he really wants something different.

Have fun,

henschman

jav8r

Marksman
Reaction score

Glad you got the info you needed. Lol, let us know how you do with your xd at 100 yards

roknruin1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice nice thank you guys so much! Lol I didnt think i would have many responses. But i very well may do that, that sounds like something that would be really fun henschman, my girl might like it too!

Lol when i can take a trip out there ill most definitely let you guys know how well i do at 100 yards haha. So far at 25 yards i stay in the 8/9/ and 10 on target with only 1/16 shots missed. Or atleast thats how my shootin was yesterday lol.

Another +1 for Banner Road range. Its actual name is "Canadian Ranges." If you want to google up some directions, it is at 7400 Jensen Rd. E., El Reno, OK 73036.

Always good to see new folks getting involved in shooting. It is the greatest of sports... the only one endorsed by the founding fathers!

I'm glad you like your XD -- they are some nice pistols. I would also recommend you learn how to shoot a rifle -- they are oh so much fun (and useful)! We are having an Appleseed Shoot at the Banner Road range on October 8-9 -- you should definitely come. Appleseed is an all volunteer organization that teaches rifle marksmanship, along with some Revolutionary War history. It's only $70 for a weekend, and you will learn to shoot a rifle better than you ever thought possible. I was a gun guy for a long time before I really truly learned how to shoot by going to an Appleseed. Might as well learn it the right way from the start! I sure wish I went to one sooner. Links are in my sig line.

If you don't have a rifle, we will give you a loaner. Coming to one of these events is a really great way for a new shooter to get an idea of what kind of rifle he wants before he goes out and drops beaucomp bucks on something, just to be trying to sell it at the next show because he finds out he really wants something different.

Have fun,

henschman

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banner is very rustic, and primitive. I like it a lot, but if you want uber cool, climitized or whatever, banner is not it. If you want a range that looks like a range is supposed to look, then you might like banner. I need to get some trigger time myself, so may head that way tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom