New Toyota Landcruiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda dig it. I don't care that it's a hybrid as Toyota definitely knows how to make them (along with Honda). It'll probably be good offroad and they dropped the price a ton!

I still wonder though if they are shooting themselves in the foot in the hybrid only option. Seems like ditching that heavy battery and elec drive and putting the turbo straight 6 or a V-6 in would sell more. Small turbo diesel? I guess it's still an improvement though, especially the price. We don't see that these days.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44699820/2024-toyota-land-cruiser-revealed/

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely like the path they are on with this. Fewer buttons and less silly stuff along with the big drop in price makes a lot of sense to me and I think this will be popular.

I wish they'd done a diesel rather than hybrid.

I'll be watching this thing as it gets rolled out.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely like the path they are on with this. Fewer buttons and less silly stuff along with the big drop in price makes a lot of sense to me and I think this will be popular.

I wish they'd done a diesel rather than hybrid.

I'll be watching this thing as it gets rolled out.
Agreed. Maybe they'll get it right eventually. I could see a uber stripped down plain turbo 4 selling like crazy at a $25k price point. Might take over a whole lot of JEEP's market if they really wanted to. There's tons of scenarios with equipment levels they could do.

Also I'm not poo pooing this hybrid either. It pumps out over 300 HP and over 400lb of torque and with the electric drive I'd bet it's very capable off road.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owned a 2018 LC. while offroad capable, it was just meh to me.
limited and poor interior room, limited storage space.
weak suspension in the rear was saggy.
long ugly tall hood.
super awesome climbing and offroading when I took mine to Disney.
$85k srsly. WTF!!!! Paid less for mine.

$50k should compete with the mall crawler jeeps!
looks like a Nissan Pathfinder

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, every generation since the 40 series has been a march toward more luxury and ever higher price tags. Hopefully this is a sign they figured out a niche they've bypassed. At least in the US.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll think about one of these vehicles when they come equipped with a Toyota HYLUX Diesel, Manual Transmission and Dual Range (High and Low) 4x4 Transfer Case…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom