New vehicles are a joke in price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of these new so-called "blacks" are charcoal/metallic/murky stuff that looks like burnt motor oil. I do like pure shiny old-fashioned black as on a 1964 Eldorado droptop. Yes, the pure patent-leather shoeshine blacks. Your a/c will get more of a workout in July and August though.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought our Caravan I looked at two almost identical vans, one was a dark blue the other was white. This was in December, opened the door on the dark colored one and was hit in the face by a shot of superheated hot air. I bought the white one.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my wife's 2011 Toyota Highlander from the shop . . . the oil coolant line decided to spring a leak as she was on her way home Monday evening. It's got like 183000 miles on it and has been a great car, but I'm leaning towards replacing it with a newer one. Sigh.

Last edited:

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1625142049825.png

I had a 1980 Toyota Corolla in that Bright Yellow with heavily tinted windows. First (and only) new car I ever bought. Totally stripped. No a/c, vinyl seats, no radio. IIRC, price was just under $5K.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Just picked up my wife's 2011 Toyota Highlander from the shop . . . the oil coolant line decided to spring a leak as she was on her way one Monday evening. It's got like 183000 miles on it and has been a great car, but I'm leaning towards replacing it with a newer one. Sigh."

You mean famous reliable Toyota products don't have greater longevity than that? 😮

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Just picked up my wife's 2011 Toyota Highlander from the shop . . . the oil coolant line decided to spring a leak as she was on her way one Monday evening. It's got like 183000 miles on it and has been a great car, but I'm leaning towards replacing it with a newer one. Sigh."

You mean famous reliable Toyota products don't have greater longevity than that? 😮

Considering that's the only thing I've had to have repaired other than some body work I'll take it as a win . . .

:anyone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom