Newbie Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcox999

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay, this is just a wild hair up the @$$ question. i was looking at academy's site and they have that Rossi .357 mag for $299.99. i think i've seen it cheaper. so question is, what's the deal on Rossi?
is it worth getting or should i just step up and get a S&W ?

kcox999

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
just to mess around with. ill be carrying my G27. the revolver would honestly be a back up as far as home protection. id probably take it out and shoot a few rounds through it every once in a while.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
they put the 38 on sale every now and then for 199. i bet its the same frame and might handle a little more shooting than a steady diet of 357. of course you could just shoot 38 in it but have the 357 ability when you wanted it.

kcox999

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
im pretty new to revolvers. my dad has an old S&W .38 snub nose.

if it's worth the $300 i'll probably pick it up. once again. it will be for novelty or back up at best. and i guess .38 ammo is cheaper than .357, although probably just as hard to find...

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how Rossi is now. Used to be, the timing on them was always messing up causing it to shred bullets as they tried to go into the forcing cone of the barrel. Not fun for anyone standing beside you on a firing line.

dhayt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked up a Colt Commando .38 snubnose for about the same price. Its worth looking around used before deciding...

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd wait for a used Smith for about the same price. I feel like you'll get better quality and if you do ever try to sell or trade it off you will be glad you have a Smith over a Rossi.

Latest posts

Top Bottom