Next 3 days weather looks bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well folks its spring time in Oklahoma, The central plains are under attack.

Going to be rough the next few days. Remember duck and cover.... duck and cover.

Best to hit the hidey hole BEFORE the storms are on you.

Be safe take care, will check in later if we have power.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was out fishing at Lake T-bird. When I started to see cloud-to-ground lightning, I packed up and headed back toward Norman. I was about halfway there when the NWS came over the radio and announced the tornado warning. From the view on Alameda coming in from the lake, I had a good view of the horizon but didn't see the tornado, but I did see the lowering and rainshaft where it was supposed to be. I gunned it to get home, but got slowed down by traffic once I got into town. When I turned off Robinson into my neighborhood, I could literally see the rainshaft at the end of the street moving toward me. I was 3 blocks from my house and for a split second, wasn't sure if I could even get home. I basically said to hell with it and drove into the wall of rain, up my driveway....and my garage door started acting up. It would open halfway, then close, then open halfway and close. 3 times before it finally opened. I was thinking, is this really happening?

I drove into my garage (far too fast, might I add), jumped out and ran straight for the closet to turn on the emergency radio. Fortunately, the tornado had lifted by the time it got to my portion of the city, or else I'd be homeless right now. I literally heard Gary England name the intersection that is a block from my house as he was giving his updates. Most concerned I've ever been from a storm.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tornado just came through not to many miles from us... hit the Blair, OK area. Highway completely blocked by debris, power poles down, many of the windows in the Blair school blown out. lots of roof damage. Knocked out power to my area... thank God for the automatic electric generator.. it kicked in right away. Ran about 15 minutes then shut off.

Edit: Listening to the scanner... Sheriff said the winds were still blowing so hard that people were just throwing some of the debris into the air and letting the wind blow it away to clear the highway instead of dragging it out of the road....so emergency vehicles could get through.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tornado just came through not to many miles from us... hit the Blair, OK area. Highway completely blocked by debris, power poles down, many of the windows in the Blair school blown out. lots of roof damage. Knocked out power to my area... thank God for the automatic electric generator.. it kicked in right away. Ran about 15 minutes then shut off.

That's where my mom lives. She's ok.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's where my mom lives. She's ok.

Glad she is OK... as I type, the Altus Dispatcher is calling all Martha firefighters and some from other fire departments to go to Blair to help with Search & Rescue.

Correction: Tornado on the Ground reported in the Roosevelt area North of Snyder... with softball sized hail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom