Next 3 days weather looks bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Funny thing is when I left today to go fishing, I noticed someone down the street installing an in-ground storm shelter in their garage. They had to use it before it was even finished!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the heart of the storm came right past Norman Regional hospital on Porter street and I was lucky enough to be driving right on through it (sarcasm). I hunkered down under a gas station's car port about 100yrds from the hospital and watched the roof of a building cave in and some of the walls began to crumble.

In the first two pictures you can see a power line dangling at about eye level.

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_photo2.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_photo4.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_photo1.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_photo3.jpg

okwarren

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year around this time my whole family took our cars and drove all the way around the wall of storm and tornadoes that swept Oklahoma. We then followed the storms back to Tulsa.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at walmart at the time it rolled through Norman. They had all of us gather together at the back of the store in the baby section and wait for it to pass. There were some pretty scared people.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard on the scanner about 10 minutes ago that a main electrical line feeding Blair, OK was damaged and would probably be at least 10 hours before it could be repaired. Met one woman who said her sister had a 4 foot hole in her roof.. she was there buying a big tarp in case of more rain.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live a mile or so from Norman.....all we got was rain and marble sized hail.

I hope they are wrong about more severe weather this weekend.

My son got to use his new storm safe. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom