NICS denial act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it is in a round about way. This effort is a bit of an offshoot of us wanting Hunter Biden charged for lying on a 4473, it’s hardly a big deal, but it is being explained as an effort to fully implement current laws.

A perfect example of why we need to support efforts like OK2A, and be talking to our Reps, etc.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
no one, and i mean NO ONE, literal CHILDREN never cared about following drug laws.
now weed is going to be legal federally, everywhere, likely within the next few potus cycles. some cities have decriminalized basically everything. in many places, the government will just *give them to you*.

see what i'm getting at?

just stop complying.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen numbers that say 80-90% of delays are eventual approvals. If I was one of those guys who seems to get delayed on a regular basis, I wouldn't like this at all. For that matter, I never have been delayed, and I don't like it at all.

Next, why don't they tighten or tweak the nics database to generate more delays.

What do they do with the data? Do they keep it? What if you get 3 delays? Do you get a visit then? Maybe an audit, where they need to see those guns? Maybe they fold it into the 'strawman' visits.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've seen numbers that say 80-90% of delays are eventual approvals. If I was one of those guys who seems to get delayed on a regular basis, I wouldn't like this at all. For that matter, I never have been delayed, and I don't like it at all.

Next, why don't they tighten or tweak the nics database to generate more delays.

What do they do with the data? Do they keep it? What if you get 3 delays? Do you get a visit then? Maybe an audit, where they need to see those guns? Maybe they fold it into the 'strawman' visits.
yes it's also been proven a lot of those delays are literally just being "randomly" chosen. like some people just get delayed for the sake of delaying.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh, so you trust government? Bless your heart.
look they are just people like the rest of us. the fact they openly hate you, want you dead, your children raped, and they it's funny doesn't matter. don't forget they are people just like you and me.

they don't openly revel in the extinction of your people. they don't clap for the suicides of white people. they don't cheer for census data the reveals less white americans in 2020 than 2010.

it's really important to just remember they are people just like you and me. there's probably no reason to assume they want you dead, or even take them at their word. i'm sure they are just blowing off steam like us and don't really mean it.

right?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resurrecting..

Just read an article that this is now implemented. It quotes an FBI email dated 9/22 obtained by gun owners of America, confirming the personal address requirement to FBI applies to both denials AND delays. If you get delayed, don't worry about it though. I'm sure you can trust the FBI to properly handle the data.
Not all delays result in this information being reported to the NICS/FBI, at least in Oklahoma. And, with a person's full name, state of residence, state of birth, DOB, driver's license number, and, optionally, SSN already required info on a background check, does any rational person honestly believe the Feds can't figure out his/her address?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. All delays in Oklahoma are not reported to NICS. Some are, some are not. Fear mongering on OSA is a popular pastime, though, facts be damned.:D
Then splain to me why I get delayed every danged time. In my time of buying guns that required a 4473, there has been two times I got the firearm same day. I've won 6 firearms at DU and QU banquets over the years. All delayed.
I was given a phone number by my FFL that is supposed to be a number you can call to see WTF. I called it and got some welfare for homeless voice mail.
WTF? 30+years of being on delay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom