NICS denial act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The short answer to that is "no". The background check is not about the FFL. BTW, the latest revision of form 4473 lists weapon information right at the top of the page and is there for the buyer to confirm he/she is indeed buying the weapon(s) listed therein.
No, but approval or disapproval can be based on what the FFL transmits, and I've met some gun store employees that I wouldn't trust to get things right. Maybe the FFL holder is the only one legally permitted to contact the approving authority about a firearm purchase, but we all know that what is suppose to happen and what actually happens are not always the same.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the FFL holder is the only one legally permitted to contact the approving authority about a firearm purchase, but we all know that what is suppose to happen and what actually happens are not always the same.
No, the actual FFL holder can designate any number of "responsible person(s)" to facilitate firearms transfers. For large corporate entities such as WalMart and Academy it is a must.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all delays result in this information being reported to the NICS/FBI, at least in Oklahoma.

All delays in Oklahoma are not reported to NICS.

I was mistaken in the above posts. According to what we were told by NICS, such information as current addresses would only be asked for "in some cases". In every case since the end of September, NICS examiners have indeed asked us for current addresses for all those who have been "delayed". I do apologize for my inaccurate posts.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was mistaken in the above posts. According to what we were told by NICS, such information as current addresses would only be asked for "in some cases". In every case since the end of September, NICS examiners have indeed asked us for current addresses for all those who have been "delayed". I do apologize for my inaccurate posts.

THIS^ right here is why it is a bad law. Innocent people being looked into for a simple delay! Investigating people in hopes of finding a crime.

Last edited:

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF the buyer has had or currently has a security clearance especially a high type of security clearance, law enforcement, special type of employment in certain fields, some types of licenses or has a person with the same or almost the same name no matter the SS number or state of residence chances are there will be a delay while things are supposedly verified. Sometimes the unique PIN will help but I know of a couple of cases it doesn't........

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a FFL licensee from 1987-1993
I used to work Federal contractor evironmental inspector, FAA facilities, several military bases, U.S. Fed Pen in Leavenworth, Federal Reserve bank and had an armed private officer commission in KCMO and KCK for many years.
Over the years I had one delay, on Black Friday at a Dicks store.
Last 5 gun buys it took less than 5 minutes from the input.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s all a function of timing. If many come on to a clerk, they have to work through them. Sometimes it quick, sometimes it takes a little longer. Just like a traffic slowdown.

Latest posts

Top Bottom