NICS shutdown?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

WOW, Im hoping it was just an overloaded system last night. If NICS has shut down new transfers than we are a HUGE step forward towards SHTF, and I may start to get a little concerned for the first time. Any FFL licence holders experience this yesterday or this morning?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't good if in fact it stays shut down for an extended period of time. They're slow enough without having a back log to go through. I did get a new Beretta M9A3 yesterday but no damn government involvement.
That's the way I like it Uh huh Uh huh .

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NICS was "temporarily out of service" for a short time Thursday morning. It was back up and running by 9:30 am or so yesterday. Demand is still stupid-high, wait times are still super long. Keep in mind, too, that different states handle background checks differently, and in some states, government offices may be closed because of the virus, which could cause some problems with the processing of background checks.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnny B really should have gotten caught up with what’s going on in the world before doing that bit of Chicken Little in his video.
We have enough panic as it is. We sure as heck don’t need this to make it worse. I don’t underhand why he would rush a video like that when it only happened for a short time. I guess he wants views that badly.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard they are considering a shut down............Reason given is the fact they are overloaded plus the fact that many state offices they rely upon are shut down due to the virus.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't good if in fact it stays shut down for an extended period of time. They're slow enough without have a back log to go through. I did get a new Beretta M9A3 yesterday but no damn government involvement.
That's the way I like it Uh huh Uh huh .

:slap: Tsk tsk tsk. How many times we gotta tell you? PICS of Beretta, or it didn't happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom