Nigerian Scam???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those fools can be fun to play with if you have the time..... I have a fake check for 3000 that I got one to send overnight UPS (It was sent from Dallas Tx) to me thinking he was going to get money from me..... He dropped off of the radar like a rock when I lied to him and said the FBI had come by my house looking for him...

Here's a fun one, when sales people or scammers call on the phone and ask for "so and so", say sure they're here hold on, then set the phone down and let them hold as long as they want.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I happen to be very familiar with the U.S.A. Department of Justice District Florida and this is no joke! Fortunately, due to my connections there I can resolve this matter for you for only $500. Please pm me for wire instructions and I'll take care of the rest.

I have not received any of these threat scams. I would think even a crook knows you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I was watching a news channel the other night and some poor old lady lost $20,000 grand thinking she was paying taxes on a sweepstakes she had one. Although it is ridiculous to me that people fall for this stuff, I still feel bad for them.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a fun one, when sales people or scammers call on the phone and ask for "so and so", say sure they're here hold on, then set the phone down and let them hold as long as they want.

In my experience most won't hold for that long.

What's fun is to play along. Act interested. Give 'em buying signals. Keep at it. Let 'em close the deal and then when all is said and done and they ask for your credit card number pretend the guys in white coats at the loonie bin have caught you out of your room again. Scream and shout. Always good for a laugh.

Another good one is after they've started in on you with their sales pitch slowly begin acting like your better half has walked in and is doing their best to seduce you. Use your imagination.

Keep in mind that to the phone folks time is money. the more of their time you take the less money they make.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those fools can be fun to play with if you have the time..... I have a fake check for 3000 that I got one to send overnight UPS (It was sent from Dallas Tx) to me thinking he was going to get money from me..... He dropped off of the radar like a rock when I lied to him and said the FBI had come by my house looking for him...

LOL ... I've been known to toy around with them every once in a while. The number of scam e-mails I get has dropped sharply. I wonder if they have a "DO NOT CONTACT" list??

I'm bored enough that I may just call PatrickBrown today and then when he asks me to identify myself tell him "WTF dude, you e-mailed me ... If you want your money back find my file and give me a shout back!" :rotflmao:

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of similar emails since I posted something for sale on CL. Grammar and story lines are sketchy at best. Is it wrong for me to wish ill will, pain, suffering, and a miserable time starving in Africa on them in my replies?

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know the lady that is the boss at one of the check cashing places in Tahlequah. She got an award from Western Union for stopping an elderly lady from sending 7000 to a person in Nigeria.

We all recognize the letters and calls as childlike amateurish, but if they send/call out 1000 and hook one victim its worth it to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom