NNNNOOOOOOOO!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's funny--I and my parents were all raised in Oklahoma, my dad's people have lived in Oklahoma since before statehood, and my mom's people were from west Texas (all four of her grandparents were from Oxford, MS), and I can't recall ever having heard "bein' have" before.

If your family was from a northern Alabama holler you would'a heard it...

When I met my wife she was worried about her/her family being central Texas rednecks and she thought I might not like them. I was like... "Baby...you don't even know redneck..."

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your family was from a northern Alabama holler you would'a heard it...

When I met my wife she was worried about her/her family being central Texas rednecks and she thought I might not like them. I was like... "Baby...you don't even know redneck..."
Same here, Always told my wife you don't know redneck till you meet my family. After meeting them she very adamantly agreed.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I explain to folks here how congested it is where I came from (Yorba Linda, CA) I usually say this….and numbers are within 5% so that’s close enough for me. The county where I lived, Orange County which is one of the smallest counties in the state is about the size of Comanche County where I live now and the population is just under the entire state’s population of Oklahoma. What’s funny is I didn’t feel like it was all that crowded. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I understand the population of Wyoming, is less then the Tulsa City limits, and it's larger than the state of Oklahoma! Our favorite place to visit, not the Yellowstone area, it's to crowded, the Big Horn Mountains area, in the north central part of the state! If I were younger I would likely live there, but we have kids, grand-kids, and great grand-kids here, plus my old bones can hardly stand the cold weather we have here!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Growing up in the deep South, the words Sir and Ma'am were instilled in me from a very young age. It was considered respect and not only that if my Granddad was around I had a sincere desire to keep my front teeth. More than one grandkid was backhanded for failure to do so. I promise that you only forgot once especially if speaking to grandma. It was definitely "Yes Ma'am and No Ma'am".

Yep. Grandma was BRUTAL with that wooden spoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom